Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2014

Songs to walk down the aisle to?

Lankylil, 6 of October of 2013 at 23:29 Posted on Planning 0 4

I'm having a hotel ceremony with 5 bridesmaids. Do I have a different song for when I am going to walk in or just the same one? Also what are your thoughts on songs for the wedding walk? I like David Gray this years love instrumental? Any thoughts ideas and experience welcome

4 replies

Latest activity by MrsOh, 7 of October of 2013 at 10:38
  • *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on walking down the aisle to the same song as the BMs. We're having our ceremony on a barge so it's only a short aisle - it would be silly for us to have 2 different songs.

I've chosen Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings to walk to as my OH really loves the Tiesto dance version of it and it's a beautiful piece of music.

• Wedding DJ
    Wedding DJ ·
    • Hide content

Your walk down the isle will not take very long - have the bridesmaid walk down individually before you and you and your guests will hear more of the song you choose and the time for this 'set peice' will be extended - remember to look around take it all in as you got down the isle, and remind the groom to look back at you as you come down the isle - so often they just look mforward and miss this special element.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Having separate songs is a personal choice. If the sentiments of the song you want to walk down the aisle to are very special or specific to you and your OH, it's better to choose a different song for the bridesmaids to walk in to....it gives more impact. The other thing to consider is if you have only one bridesmaid and a very short aisle, it might sound very odd having a short snippet of a separate tune. One of my regular venues, Belfast castle, the bridal party have to decend down a sweeping staircase before walking down the aisle; separate songs work perfectly in this situation.

• MrsOh
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsOh ·
    • Hide content

I would probably walk down to the same song as my bridesmaid...Only having the one so would be easier just to keep it going for me Smiley smile We are having a string quartet who will be (fingers crossed) playing Beyoncé's halo - a nod to the H2B and an inside joke/meaning Smiley smile

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics