Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

The Little Jewellery Box

Soooo, has anyone ever had dermal fillers or planning to in prep for wedding?!

The Little Jewellery Box, 4 of July of 2016 at 12:13 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi ladies!

As per the subject really. Any experience of dermal fillers or Botox? Why did you have them and what do you think?! Feel free to add before and after pics, lol!

i genuinely never thought I'd consider but I am really disliking how my nasolabial and marionette lines are ageing me! ?

7 replies

Latest activity by Connie, 14 of February of 2024 at 14:45
  • Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I have dehydration lines on my forehead which have been bothering me for the last couple of months. With such a short time to go until my wedding I wouldn't dare risk doing anything now because I'd be worried about having a reaction. But if I still had another 12 months to go I would seriously consider it. It's definitely something I'll look later on down the line.

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

Dermal fillers are medically unregulated and complication dont just disfigure and scar but can kill too... really its a silly risk just to look slightly younger for a short time

maybe you could look into other skin care options like microderm abbrasion, peels or laser treatment where untrained people aren't directly injecting unknown and unregulated substances/chemicals into your body

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Sorbet, it's not a debate. I'm sure the OP is aware of the risks involved, she was just asking if other people had had it done. People are free to do what they like with their own bodies.

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I've just recently had Botox for my scrunch lines (wrinkle across the top of my nose, caused by screwing my face up in disgust all of the time ha!). Turns out that she couldn't actually inject into that wrinkle as there was no muscle there. So she injected Inbetween my eyebrows and just above them. I paid £99 for one area (special offer). It takes around two weeks to see the effects. To be honest, I haven't noticed much difference besides my eyebrows looking slightly more arched. I have my top up appointment on 12th July so I'll see that she says.

My mum has had fillers I'm her nose to mouth lines and it looks amazing. Really subtle. I think as long as you go to a reputable place and do your research, you shouldn't have any problems X

• T
    Beginner June 2016
    Toyaht ·
    • Hide content

I was planning to get my laughter lines filled in before my wedding but i left it to late. The lady suggested that i should of had it at least 2 months before my wedding as sometimes dermal fillers can go lumpy. So i ended up not getting it x

• Ronna
    New York
    Ronna ·
    • Hide content

My friend did it half a year before her wedding day and now advises me to do it. But i can't decide yet

• Joanna
    Beginner July 2022 Nottinghamshire
    Joanna ·
    • Hide content
    I am getting married in July and I had botox on my 11 lines between my eyebrows for the first time 3 weeks ago. I can still move my face which I'm pleased about! But it has made a difference and given my eyebrows a lift (I'm 42). I was quite nervous about having it in case I had a bad reaction but I'm really happy with the results. I had it done by someone who was recommended to me and was fully medically trained etc. I'm more nervous about fillers, won't get that done before the wedding but wouldn't rule it out in future. I'm a feminist and struggle with the fact I have had botox which is innately un-feminist by getting botox BUT we are living in a patriarchal society and I say if something makes you feel better and more confident then do it! ❤❤

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics