Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2016

Sorrento wedding .. Need ideas for reception/wedding planners/cost etc?

LauraItaly, 11 of March of 2015 at 09:38 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

Hey,

My partner and I are looking to get married in Sorrento in September 2016. We have not yet chosen a venue or reception but are considering Cloisters for our venue.

I have emailed various wedding planners and the prices seem quite high which is worrying me. We will have approximately 20 guests and we have a budget of about £5000 to include my fiance and I's hotel and flights for a week, namely because we need to throw a reception when back in the UK as well which will obviously be extra cost (about £2000) and that budget does not include wedding dress, shoes, rings, grooms outfit, and bridesmaid outfit, head dress/jewellery which we have budgeted another £2000 for. Our honeymoon we are estimating at budgeting £3000 for.

Does this budget sound reasonable?

Can anybody recommend any good wedding planners or is it cheaper to do it myself?

Also looking for information on nice reception venues?

Thanks

Laura

xxx

2 replies

Latest activity by VictoriaSW, 19 of May of 2015 at 15:22
  • E
    Beginner July 2016
    ExpensiveOrangeStationery250 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

i can't help on Sorrento but I'm getting married in Ravello next summer which is on the Almafi coast. I've got a wedding planner and I think his fee was approximately £1k, I enquired with around 6 others and they were all roughly the same.

If I'm honest, I think you'll struggle to stick to budget in Italy, it's an expensive place to get married and by the time you factor in flights, week accommodation, hire charge for ceremony, reception venue, dj etc, I would imagine you'd be near that already. We're budgeting for 30 people and we are way over that (but we have gone with a 'it's our wedding, we'll spend what we want!' Approach so probably could have saved money along the way!)

ive seen that Thomas cook arrange weddings at the cloisters so maybe they have an all in package deal?

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

I got married at Cloisters monastery in sorrento italy and it was stunning. We had our meal at Don Pedros restaurant. It was a dream x

• V
    VictoriaSW ·
    • Hide content

Hi Laura, I'm an English wedding planner for Sorrento and the Amalfi coast and always happy to help answer any questions you may have ********@*********************.*** Your budget of £5000 is definitely reasonable if planned properly. I'd be happy to help if I can.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics