Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kat2000lp
Beginner

Sorry girls another bridesmaid drama

kat2000lp, 6 of October of 2009 at 18:18 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi Ladies,

Okay so I have a bit of a dilema and really would appreciate some advice. I have been bestfriends with a girl for 14years and we always said whenever one of us gets married we would always be each others maid of honor, chief bridesmaid whatever you wanna call it. So when I got engaged I asked her she said yes. Since I had my engagement party (which was in August) I really havent spoken to her at all. I sent her quite a few texts but never really got a response. So I sent her another saying that I had booked the venue and also brought the date forward and I had also booked all of the bridesmaid into the hotel the night before so we can have some treatments and then the next morning have breakfast and all get ready together. A week passes and nothing, so I sent her a jokey text saying as my moh she at least had to pretend that she was interested.

I got a text back saying "sorry, yeah how very generous of you" no x or nothing so thought that was strange. After this i was a bit put out but continued to send her messages asking how she was, how was work the usual stuff and nothing back. Since I have been engaged she hasnt asked one thing about the wedding, where we were even getting married, she knows now as I put it in one of my texts, I sent her other messages asking if she would like to meet us for lunch to try on some dresses, never got a response.

She then decided to sent me a text saying that she would be coming to a wedding fayre that I was going to with all my bridesmaids on the 25th of this month.

Sorry guys know this is a bit long but bear with me!

I asked her again if she wanted to go dress shopping or meet up nothing. I thought sod this and arranged to go sat with my other 2 bridesmaid and actually found my dream dress, sent her a txt again telling her this and still you guessed it nothing.

Its really getting to me I dont know what to do, but know I dont want a moh who has no interest in my wedding at all! A few people have said she maybe jealous which is just silly, this is the girl who has it all, mega rich parents, her own flat that her dad helped her get. Growing up we were not that well off and I was never once begruding off all the stuff she had.

Im just not sure what to do about the whole situation its quite upsetting!

5 replies

Latest activity by Magnolia, 7 of October of 2009 at 10:43
  • Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Aww hun, sounds pants! My MOH was very similar to start with, shes getting much better now but I berated her for not being interested to start with. Turns out she had a lot more on her plate that she didnt want to talk about/wasnt ready to talk about. Now I feel awful for not giving her some time, and thinking she should drop everything for my wedding. Im not saying thats what your doing but do you think there maybe something she has going on at the moment?

Why dont you try and talk to her about it? Just be honest and open and tell her you hoped she would be a bit more supportive?

Really hope you get it sorted.

• kat2000lp
    Beginner
    kat2000lp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really dont know I have sent other messages that are not wedding related just asking how she is etc but I dont get any response from those either. I just wanted for her to feel involved and didnt want to leave her out of anything. When I try to call instead of texting she doesnt answer. Or if she does respond like she did about the fayre its weeks down the line.

I think that I will try to send her another text telling her how I feel. But then another side of me thinks why do I have to keep chasing her a friendship should be about 2 people.

Im glad it worked out well in the end with your MOH. X

• W
    Beginner July 2010
    WendyQ ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I know exactly how you feel as I was in a very similar situation. My friend and i had always said we'd be each other's bridesmaids since we were very young but over the last few years we'd lost touch and I have friends I am now closer to than her. Earlier this year we met up again and it felt right to ask her to be my bridesmaid as although I have friends I now see a lot more of than her, I had been friends with her a lot longer. She was made up but since that day she kept letting me down whenever we arranged to meet up and rarely answered texts. It got to the point where I thought I'd rather not have her as bridesmaid than worry she's going to let me down. I felt like I didn't just want her turning up on the day when I'd barely seen her all year! Anyway, I ended up saying to her maybe it's better she isn't a bridesmaid as she keeps letting me down all the time and it's stressing me out worrying about if she's going to let me down on the day and I didn't want to never see her then she just turns up to be BM. I said I didn't want us to end up falling out but that's how I was feeling. I'm so glad I said something as she said to me she didn't realise that she'd bothered me so much by cancelling our arrangements all the time and she'd just had a lot on and not been very thoughtful. She said she would never let me down with anything wedding related and would still love to be my bridesmaid. Since then she's made much more effort to keep in touch and I'm now looking forward to her being a bridesmaid as she's now a friend again rather than a stranger just turning up on the day! Sometimes people just don't realise how they are coming across or how their actions are affecting you. I don't know if that's the case with your MOH but I think the best way to resolve it is to just ring her and ask her straight out if she really wants to do it as you are feeling a bit hurt that she doesn't seem to be interested. Otherwise you are going to continue feeling this way and you'll end up falling out with her anyway. Good luck! I'm sure you'll get it all sorted out for the best either way.

• kat2000lp
    Beginner
    kat2000lp ·
    • Hide content

WendyQ, that is exactly how it is with us, although we have been friends for years like you we became distant and only really started meeting up again this year! I too have other friends who Im much closer too now who are my other bridesmaids - Think im just gonna have to bite the bullet and just ask her outright like you did.

I really do hope we can sort things out it would be such a shame to let 14yrs of friendship go down the drain. Will let you know how I get on!

Thank x

• W
    Beginner July 2010
    WendyQ ·
    • Hide content

Hope you get it sorted. Ring her now! You'll feel much better once you've got it over with. Hopefully anyway!

• Magnolia
    Beginner September 2007
    Magnolia ·
    • Hide content

Why do you call her? Much easier to sort things out that way as text messages can often be misconstrued.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics