Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner April 2014

Soughton Hall

ciarabollard, 5 April, 2012 at 20:50 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hello anyone been to a wedding at Soughton Hall or Combermere Abbey? Trying to deliberate between the two and want to see if anyone has heard anything bad or good about either venue,or if anyone can suggest more venues for North Wales,Chester way? Many thanks. Ciara Smiley laugh

5 replies

Latest activity by nicolagrimshawmitchell, 5 April, 2012 at 21:37
  • leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding there yesterday- had a fab day- food was amazing- only downside of it- IF you have any elderly/disabled guests is the access to the upstairs dining room- the grounds are just breathtaking and our friends had their ceremony in front of a fire which was just lovely

• C
    Beginner April 2014
    ciarabollard ·
    • Hide content

Well thinking of having the marquee there because I don't really like how the room is divided into two,were you in that room? Yes aminly love it because of the grounds and is alot cheaper than the other venue which I ahve fallen in love with so need to make some decisions. Going to view it tomorrow.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Yes- we were upstairs in the small dining room only 36 in the whole wedding- we didnt use the marquee so i have no idea whats that like but- the drive into soughton hall makes you feel royalty- so grand Smiley smile!

• C
    Beginner April 2014
    ciarabollard ·
    • Hide content

Oh yes I am having a few more guests so it would mean some of my guest would be situated on he other side of the wall,so the marquee works best for us I think. Yes I know,love it for the drive,plan on putting candle lanterns all along the drive if they will let me for my evening guests!!Smiley laugh

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Oooh its gona look stunning if you get to do that- good luck Smiley smile

• nicolagrimshawmitchell
    nicolagrimshawmitchell ·
    • Hide content

I've done weddings at Soughton Hall, its a gorgeous stunning venue, even though it does look like a massive hall - its actually quite snug in there. Maybe bear this in mind if you're actually getting married there and have a lot of guests xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics