Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Surrey

Sound limiter

Chanel, 4 of May of 2023 at 09:11 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 10
Hi
Has anyone had a wedding reception with a sound limiter set at 92 decibels?? I am about concerned as we have 300 guests in the evening and worried the music will be to low.

10 replies

Latest activity by Shay, 6 of May of 2023 at 12:26
  • D
    Curious August 2023 North West London
    Dee ·
    • Hide content
    We have a limit of 100 decibels, but that is from outside the venue. Is your limit outside or inside the venue room? I would think 92 from inside is quite strict
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    92 decibels is more than enough. Especially in a wedding venue! They wouldn’t enforce it if it wasn’t suitable for such events. Ours is 100 and it’s way more than enough! Don’t worry about it but always worth checking. Also, make sure it’s a guide and not something your band/DJ has to plug into as they may refuse as sometimes it can damage their equipment! We had to check with our venue before they accepted our booking but normally it’s just a guide. x
  • L
    Amsterdam
    Lily ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I totally understand your concern about the sound limiter at your wedding reception. With 300 guests, it's important to make sure the music is at an appropriate volume so that everyone can enjoy the party.

Have you considered talking to the venue about adjusting the sound limiter to a higher decibel level? It's possible that they may be willing to make an exception for a wedding reception with such a large number of guests.

Also, have you thought about incorporating wedding favors that can enhance the music experience for your guests? For example, you could provide personalized earplugs or small Bluetooth speakers as a wedding favor to ensure that everyone can enjoy the music at their preferred volume.

I hope these suggestions help, and I wish you all the best for your upcoming wedding!

• C
    Surrey
    Chanel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi thanks for your message. The venue will not adjust the music but the favours idea is great thanks
  • C
    Surrey
    Chanel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi thanks for commenting. Yes 92 decibels and no music is allowed outside only acoustics with no amp
  • C
    Surrey
    Chanel ·
    • Hide content
    I’m going to go for a 2nd viewing and will ask to turn the speakers on. Thanks for commenting
  • D
    Curious August 2023 North West London
    Dee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hiya yes I meant where will the volume measurer be? The music will be inside but will they measure the decibels from inside or from outside? 92 decibels from inside is quite strict x
  • C
    Surrey
    Chanel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for commenting. The band would need to plug into their sound limiter. I’m worried as some of the reviews said that when guests started singing along to a song the electrics cut out as it had gone over the 92 decibels
  • C
    Surrey
    Chanel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They will measure it from the inside
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn’t realize it done that! Ring your venue and see and ask the questions? Just make sure your band are happy to plug in so read the terms and conditions or just ask them. You’re paying the money to use their venue you’re entitled to ask and get the correct answer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics