Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2016

sound limiter at wedding venue

SunnyOrangeStationery604, 4 of August of 2016 at 15:07 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hello. Wonder if anyone has any thoughts about this. Have booked a venue and was about to book a DJ when he asked about sound limits. Turns out there is a sound limiter which cuts out if you go above 95 db. That sounds rather low to me. Has anyone else had a limit like this imposed, and is it a concern? We don't have huge numbers of guests and won't need anything really loud but equally I don't want it to be so quiet that no one dances or so that there's no point in the DJ bringing all of that equipment in the first place...

any thoughts - should we be worried?

1 replies

Latest activity by MadamRed, 6 of August of 2016 at 15:19
  • Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

Our venue had a sound limiter too, can't remember how much but a quick Google says it was 90db. It wasn't an issue at all, the music was plenty loud, I didn't even notice a difference. I guess it would make a difference if you had a huge venue though as the sound wouldn't travel as far. We used a DJ that the venue recommended so they were well aware of the sound limit. I guess you just have to make sure the DJ you book is aware.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Sound limiters and dB levels are really complicated. It depends on where they're measuring the levels from, what kHz it is, how big the room is, how many people you have in the room etc. There's also a difference between dB and dB(A). 95dB is the level at which prolonged exposure can cause hearing loss, so not that low, and a lot of DJs will be able to work within it. Probably best to find out from your DJ whether it will cause him any problems, and put him in touch with the venue directly if he needs more information.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics