Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joanne
Savvy July 2023 Kent

Spa before wedding?

Joanne, 6 of April of 2023 at 10:30 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hello. This may sound like a silly question..... but is it advisable to have a spa day 1 week before the wedding - ie will it make it more likely I'll get spots due to being cleansed? Or am I over thinking 🤔

3 replies

Latest activity by Crystal, 6 of April of 2023 at 16:32
  • Abbie
    Curious August 2023 Warwickshire
    Abbie ·
    • Hide content

I think the recommendation is no new skincare etc in the few months before your wedding. If you have been before for the same treatment (assuming facial or something to do with skincare) and were okay around a week later, you'd know roughly what to expect, but it isn't a guarantee. If you've never been to that spa before, never used their treatments etc I would probably avoid (again mainly skincare / facial).

I think you'd probably be okay with massages and such. In fact it might be really good idea to have a massage or two! I'd just stay away from skincare stuff.

Hopefully that helps!

• H
    Beginner December 2023 New York
    Hollie ·
    • Hide content

It is understandable to be concerned about getting spots or having any other adverse reactions before your wedding day. However, having a spa day a week before your wedding is generally safe and should not increase the likelihood of getting spots. In fact, a spa day can help you relax and reduce stress, which is beneficial for your skin and overall well-being. Just make sure to communicate any allergies or sensitivities to the spa staff and avoid any treatments that you have not tried before. Overall, don't worry too much and enjoy your pre-wedding pampering!

Portal 4 Me

• C
    Savvy October 2024 Kent
    Crystal ·
    • Hide content
    Depends. Do you suffer with breakouts? Will you be having face treatments or literally just sauna and steam room etc?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics