Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner August 2016

Spain/Menorca wedding - legal requirements

HappyPurpleFlowers246, 20 of February of 2015 at 09:59 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

Help needed please!!

My partner and I are looking at getting married in Menorca in August 2016. Has anyone got any experience of this? Advice of planning a wedding in Menorca would be extremely helpful right now!! Also does anyone have any experience in what we would need to do legally, ie. what legal documents are needed and how to get them?

Thank you

Laura

2 replies

Latest activity by brittonbrothers, 19 of May of 2015 at 21:58
  • M
    Manu ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

The first step is to contact the relevant authority (town hall/registry office/district court/religious authority) in the town where you are planning to get married ('Registro Civil' or 'Ayuntamiento'). They will be able to inform you of the documents they will require from you. Usually, you'd need the passports, Certificate of Marital Status, Certificate of No Impediment or CNI and a 'Consular Letter' (proof of previous or current address in the UK). But as I said get in touch with the local authorities because the paperwork and bureaucracy in Spain is a nightmare...

Hope it helps, good luck!

• B
    Beginner July 2015
    beckaespanola ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Myself and HTB wanted to do this for our wedding be this year but were met by a mountain of complications.

The main one being that the ayuntamiento told us we would have to fly to Majorca/Palma and 'give notice' there,

take all our documents from the UK etc, about 28 days before our wedding.

We we then thought we could go to the registrar to marry in the UK And have a ceremony in menkrca as it would be

easier, but it turned out to be very expensive for all our guests to travel- just for a ceremony! We've settled on just having

a wedding photo shoot on the beach for a few hours!

i think it's easier if you're marrying someone who is from menorca or who is Spanish but as a British couple wanting

to marry there, it seemed very difficult!

good luck!

• B
    brittonbrothers ·
    • Hide content

Hi Laura

Speak with Rev. Paul Strudwick at the Anglican Church in Es Castel. He will be able to advise. I don't have the contact details but have a search on the web and he'll come up.

Hope this helps

John

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics