Spanner in the works

SunnyGoldHair679, 24 of October of 2017 at 20:22 Posted on Planning 0 3

3 replies

Latest activity by SunnyGoldHair679, 25 of October of 2017 at 10:22
  • H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Personally I would probably cancel and just enjoy being pregnant without all the added stress of organising a wedding. You can get married any time but having a baby is precious :-)

• C
    Beginner January 2018
    Coopertobe ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I would still go ahead with your wedding. As you said you have booked suppliers and the last thing you need is to lose out on deposits when you have a baby coming along. Also in this day and age why would people judge? It's your day and your pregnancy. When youre going dress shopping just remember to accommodate your changing figure. Myself and H2B are getting married this January and we are planning on trying to get pregnant between now and then as it would be a nice start to married life even though we have 2 already Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner June 2018
    Lilacbouquet ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I would go ahead with it, you might find plenty of offers of people who might be able to help look after the baby when you are trying to sort out the final details nearer the time and it will give them something to focus on, whatever their ages are. Babies in wedding photos can look awfully cute too and make for a lovely group of 3 photo!

You have plenty of time to organise the wedding too, still over a year left and you have done quite a bit already. Try and relax.

It does seem a good time to go dress shopping, before you start filling out, and 4 months to get alterations after the baby should be plenty too as I think 3 months is the general 'no rush' alterations and you might not need that many. If you are concerned about dress shapes, I'd recommend A lines or ballgowns which can streamline your tummy.

If you do decide to cancel it is worth having insurance first, but check the small print. That way you might be able to get your deposits back. It will be stressful, but if you are able to step back and have people willing to help you, you might find it not as scary as it first seems.

• S
    Beginner November 2018
    SunnyGoldHair679 ·
    • Hide content

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics