Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsToffee
Expert April 2015

sparklers yay or nay?

MrsToffee, 29 of March of 2015 at 20:40 Posted on Planning 0 10

I've just remembered I was thinking of sparklers for our evening for nice photos and a bit of fun, with now less than 2 weeks to go I would need to order them now, so help me decide first off is it worth it and second, if it is how many, we'll have around 100 guests?

10 replies

Latest activity by Calella, 31 of March of 2015 at 11:21
  • BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

Oooo, good two week ahead vibes!

Have you checked with your venue? If they don't allow fireworks (usually down to farmland/residential) the same may apply to sparklers. It sounds crazy, but check now rather than get in a tiff on the day.

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Ooh good point, they do allow fireworks but only from their preferred supplier, and thanks for the vibes!

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Duplicate!

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

The venue have said it's ok so now just to decide if it's really worth it?

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    elemden ·
    • Hide content

I've been for our final tog meeting and asked about sparklers. He said that we can decide but he doesn't like sparklers. The mix of 100 drunken guests and flowing flammable fabrics doesn't always make for a stress free 5 minutes!

• R
    Beginner September 2015
    ricepudding ·
    • Hide content

We're having them. I've always loved sparklers and I'm hoping for some nice pictures.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I say go for it and get between 75 and 100 because even if only 50 people have them thats only 2 each and they dont last long.

Dish out most of them for the big shot of the two of you with the guests in the background but make sure that you save some for some extra shots like these.

• MartinC Photography
    MartinC Photography ·
    • Hide content

The key I think is how you are going to light and distribute 100 sparklers within a short space of time so you can still get good photos. Also make sure you warn your photographer so he/she can get some practice in if they aren't sure how to do it. An experienced photographer should be fine though.

Personally I'd recommend paying a little extra for the longest you can get. That will give you extra time. Then don't bother with matches or normal lighters. They are a nightmare. Get a BBQ gas lighter or one of them windproof lighters. Then once the first sparkler gets going, light a bunch of them at a time using the lit sparkler. Oh and have someone hand them out quick!

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all, I hadn't thought of risk of sparks! Also hadn't thought of handing them out, or that we might need more than one each seems like quite a lot of effort, especially if there's a possibility that it's raining and logistics of getting everyone out in the cold evening hmm, may give it a miss, cost of them is something I'd not accounted for either as had only just remembered about the whole idea!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

If you dont fancy doing it big then just get a few packs and do the heart one or the bridesmaids spelling out L O V E behind you, that way its only a few quid and if it has to be called off because of rain then there's no harm done and you can save the sparklers for November.

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

Our tog brings them with her especially for the heart and love shots with us Smiley smile I really like the idea, but everyone having them would look lovely too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics