Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

xMissyLoux
Beginner September 2012

Sparkly, crystal, diamante, bling shoes like Crystal Couture

xMissyLoux, 6 of January of 2012 at 21:13 Posted on Planning 0 14

I have fallen in love with the Crystal Couture wedding shoes although they're a little bit out of my price range to say the least!

Just wondered if anyone knows of any good places/sites that sell similar style shoes! I've found some on ebay etc but they all have massive 4"+ heels & platforms, I'm looking for something under a 3" heel!

I know some brides have custom made their own shoes like them by gluing on crystals but I've neither the patience or the talent to do this Smiley sad

Hoping my fellow hitchers may come up trumps for me...fingers crossed!

14 replies

Latest activity by VickyCaro, 16 of January of 2012 at 22:02
  • MrsCase2013
    Beginner July 2013
    MrsCase2013 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

This is one of my ideas, I'm having the purple ones Smiley smile It says that they are 5 inch heels but they do have a platform. Maybe it's worth contacting the seller to see how high the platform is? They certainly won't break the bank Smiley winking x

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-HIGH-HEEL-GLITTER-SHOES-VERY-VERY-POPULAR-UK-SIZES-3-4-5-6-7-/280795199494?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D280778395591%252B280778395591%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5426414987025117234#ht_483wt_1158

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ever so much for the suggestion Mrs Case although these shoes are really higher than I would have liked for 2 reasons, the length of my dress and comfort I can't manage that height all day even with the platform sole Smiley sad

• xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

these are lush!!!!

• MrsCase2013
    Beginner July 2013
    MrsCase2013 ·
    • Hide content

Glad you both like, I couldn't manage them all day, I'm having matching purple sparkly flats hee hee.

The things you can pick up on ebay eh!! x

• J
    Beginner April 2012
    Jules'n'Mark ·
    • Hide content

I took late delivery of a pair of crystal "blingy" shoes this week....... they were due before christmas, and I am sending them back and asking for a full refund! They are shoddy.....half the crystals have fallen off, the buckle fell off as i tried the shoes on, and they are covered in glue! certainl not what I expected, so all that glitters etc!

• lisaanne
    Beginner April 2012
    lisaanne ·
    • Hide content

Hi, there is a girl on Facebook who went to my school and she has a business covering shoes with crystals or glitter. You can send her a pair of shoes and she will 'bling' them! They seem to come out really well from the photos and I think she charges about £40 to sparkle a whole pair of shoes. This is her facebook page: http://facebook.com/ clairetwinkletoesthor pe

• D
    ditzychick ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I found these sparkly shoes

http://www.soledivashoes.co.uk/ourshop/prod_1755705-Ivory-Satin-Diamante-and-Jewel-Roxanne-Peep-Toe-Shoes.html

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you very much Lisa Anne this is the kind of thing I was after Smiley smile

• V
    VickyCaro ·
    • Hide content

Hi MissLou, If you wanted to chose your own shoes for comfort/heel etc then I could crystalise them for you. If you wanted to keep the cost down you could use a mix of crystals rather than all swarovski, although this would affect the sparkle of it. I make jewellery and other gifts and only use swarovski for this reason. I did my friend's wedding shoes for her (not full coverage just a strip around but they lasted and looked great! If you're interested let me know. Cheers Vicky.

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

I am doing my own, it's actually really easy, it does take time tho.

• xtine88xx
    Beginner September 2012
    xtine88xx ·
    • Hide content

Oooh Peaseblossom they are coming along lovely Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner December 2012
    mrs0brien2b ·
    • Hide content

XMissyLoux did u buy any of her? x

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Hi Vicky, thanks for your reply! How much would you charge for full coverage for a pair of my own shoes?

Yours look fab Peaseblossom but I'm just not that clever or patient lol wish I was!

I haven't got anything sorted yet but think my best option is to get someone to crystalise some for me!

• V
    VickyCaro ·
    • Hide content

Hi MissLou, sorry for the late reply I assumed I'd get an email if anyone responded! Full coverage is a big job involving thousands of crystals. This is why they cost so much! I covered my old Samsung phone in pink swarovski crystals, and that took around 1500 crystals. I would image that full coverage on shoes would take about 5000 crystals. Wholesale swarovski price for that many would be around £150, and then there would be the time to do them (probably two days work). If you want full coverage I think it's probably better that you use someone who does them all the time. I've done toes on converse, flip flops and heels, but not full coverage - mainly for the reason of how much they cost to make/time to do. There's another crystal called preciosa which is the nearest to swarovski I've seen. There just aren't as many cuts in the crystal which means not as much light is reflected. They are still nice. I've seen a few pairs of crystal shoes at wedding fairs which are made with these with the odd swarovski thrown in, and they do look good. There's another brand called stellux which are about half the price of swarovski but I've never used/seen them. Whoever you use, I'd ask which crystals they use, and if they're rhinestones I probably wouldn't have them done. They're usually glass, so they scratch and get dirty easier, and they just don't sparkle that well. This is all personal opinion, so it's entirely up to you. I'm sorry if I've gone into too much detail, but this is a market where some people are trying to make as much money as they can off people, but sometimes there's a reason things cost what they do. It's definitely a case of you get what you pay for!

Have a think about what you'd like, if you think you'd like heels or/and platform or something done, I can give you a more detailed price. If you want full coverage, I would shop around, get some recommendations, and maybe even go and try some on and ask what crystals are used so you know what you're paying for. Not sure if you can do direct messages on here, but if you want to send me your address I don't mind sending you a couple of crystals so you can compare them against anything you see.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics