Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner October 2013

Sparkly dance floor!

crazyhaley, 7 of April of 2013 at 11:17 Posted on Planning 0 22

Hi is anybody else planning to have a sparkly dancefloor, really fancy having a white one with lights :-)

22 replies

Latest activity by havecreditwillwed, 9 of April of 2013 at 15:10
  • Longtimecoming
    Beginner August 2013
    Longtimecoming ·
    • Hide content

I really want one but not sure I could justify the price of it Smiley sad

If money wasn't a problem id have one in a heartbeat xxx

• ewestwood
    Beginner October 2013
    ewestwood ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

They are amazing! We were going to have a atarlit dancefloor but its too expensive for us personally just for hire and then you have VAT, transport and staff fees to pay for assembly etc (up to an extra £160 we were quoted on top of the dancefloor price).

You only get married once and if you love a good boogie then go for it and get it booked!!!

Smiley smile

• Dizzygal
    Beginner December 2013
    Dizzygal ·
    • Hide content

I'm insisting on one!!!! They're fab rip off though and i must admit i need to look into how long they leave them down for as I know with some l.e.d floors they last a limited number if hours!!! Major down side!!!! Anyone know more than me ????? Be nice to hear from you lol

• B
    Beginner October 2014
    Beefzoid ·
    • Hide content

After reading this i never thoughtr of a sparkly dance floor... so went and had a search about online and have been quoted for a white sparkly light up floor foor 460 total... not bad i thought!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

They look fab we provided one for a Bride last year:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151175592975955&set=a.10151155536800955.504419.127267950954&type=3&theater

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

We're having one- I love them so it was my one real, unnecessary indulgence just for me! Undecided on which colour though....

• Dizzygal
    Beginner December 2013
    Dizzygal ·
    • Hide content

Any one know of a supplier based in the West Midlands??? Also do they have a limit on usage hours i know some of the "night fever" floors do..........

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

Can they be put together after the wedding breakfast?

• cass_b
    Beginner April 2014
    cass_b ·
    • Hide content

Oh my gosh, they look so pretty!! I'm going to see if I can hire one of these in Bournemouth. Amazing!

• D
    Beginner May 2014
    dolly73 ·
    • Hide content

This was on our list but we have had to wait for the venue to confirm they were happy for us to have it. I am so excited because today they emailed to say yes. Think we are going for a white starlite one. Sad for getting so excited I know!

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dizzy, I know a supplier in Leicester - they have twinkling white and twinkling black floors and also the ones with black and white squares - is Leicester close enought to you?

xxx

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am having mine put down after the meal, yes. They will set up my lighting and audio in the morning and I have paid an extra £50 for them to put it down between the meal and first dance because I am insistant that the room remain symmetrical at all times and this is not possible with the floor down ;-)

Yes, symmetricalness is tres, tres important to me!

xxx

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you got a link? We're getting married near Leicester & I quite like these ?

• Dizzygal
    Beginner December 2013
    Dizzygal ·
    • Hide content

Folks my venues about an hour away from leicster, think this is ok or do I need one closer to my venue???? Clueless you see.......

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

/

Here you go. Came recommended by my posh venue which is the Melton side of Leicester, they do all the dancfloors, audio and lighting set up every week at my venue. They are at Thurmaston. They also do starlit backdrops, wedding royal mail boxes, chair covers - all sorts!

My contact is a guy called Ben McCarthy. Obviously havent seen them in action personally yet but their paperwork is immaculate, they are responsive, and they are prepared to leave two of their set-up guys with me all day to set up the floor during the turnaround for me, so no complaints so far!

xxx

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

An hour will be fine. Phone and ask to speak to Ben, **** he's the head honcho down there I think and he's a right laugh! He is doing my wedding on 3rd August at their regular posh venue just outside Melton. xxx

• Dizzygal
    Beginner December 2013
    Dizzygal ·
    • Hide content

Thanks lots for that!!! I must have been impressed by these "Premier" as I had them saved in my fav l.e.d dance floor list.But now you have reaffirmed they are good at what they do i will most definitely be calling them. I seem to have an obsession with trying to source everything locally, which is very difficult why I don't know. My reluctancy stems from having a major fear of them not turning up, so to have someone else's opinion really puts me at ease!!!! Born worrier me, but hey in just over 12mths my top tables gone from 8 to 6. Talk about unlucky!!!!!

Lol X ps thumbs up & a whoop whoop to your posh venue very vey nice!!!!!X

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is really reassuring, thanks a lot ? showed OH the dance floors last night and he wasn't overly impressed, but I think I'll be able to convince him haha and I did want a Royal Mail box anyway so helpful to have a contact for that!

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Just to add, I have sent an enquiry to that supplier by email just after my post above and they have already got straight back to me with a quotation and invited me to have a look at their offices to see the equipment if we wanted to!! Very impressed, usually have to wait ages sometimes for a response via email!!

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am really glad Blossom, they have always been good when I have spoken to them. I have changed my order a couple of times to add things on, and each time they have re-generated my contract for me electronically and sent it back through so that we both have a good record of what we have agreed. They do that thing where you e-sign the contracts which is quite handy too, I have changed the lighting and microphones I am having and things, and nothing is too much trouble for them, even my fussy peculiarites around symmetry, and they are going to lay an extra massive dancefloor for me as we are having a ceilidh and need a lot of space!

xxx

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was worrying that one wouldn't fit in our venue, but they've supplied there before and said 12ft x 12ft is about the maximum. So it's really helpful as I wouldn't have had a clue what would fit in and what wouldn't! Now just to convince the OH later but I really want one now haha ? *stomps foot* ?

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

I am a bit scared to show OH as I know he will want a black and white squared one, so I am kind of keeping it as a likkul supwize for him! ;-) Here is a photo from my pinterest, incase you needed more tempting - ahhhh the beauty

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics