Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Storky
Beginner May 2011

Speccy four eyes

Storky, 8 of February of 2013 at 15:39

Posted on Off Topic Posts 45

This will be me from Wednesday, for driving, telly and the like. Do you wear glasses? Contacts? I was hoping to get away with a monocle but I'm not sure I could carry it off without a moustache and a cravat.

This will be me from Wednesday, for driving, telly and the like.

Do you wear glasses? Contacts? I was hoping to get away with a monocle but I'm not sure I could carry it off without a moustache and a cravat.

45 replies

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I've had glasses since I was 3 as I have astigmatism and I had a squint corrected when I was a baby. I wear my glasses for work and driving as I get better vision with glasses than contact lenses (i could get better vision with lenses if I had monthly ones but I prefer dailies). I usually wear contacts on the weekends if I'm not planning on driving. Welcome to the four-eyes club!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I have a pair for distance. I don't need them at the moment as I only ever needed them for lectures in Uni where the slides were so far away! For anyone who hasn't had an eye test, you really should...it's not just sight these dad but all kind of eye health - they look for cancer and other nasties!

• RedKitchie
    Beginner August 2013
    RedKitchie ·
    • Hide content

I am -4.5 and -4.75. I have needed glasses since I was 12 when I started to get strange vision and migraine onset.

My new glasses are these - DKNY with fun blue bits. They do fall off my face a lot. I wear contact lenses whenever I leave the house.

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

I'm specky too. You'll be fine, it doesnt take much getting used to, mind you I've had mine since I was 11. I wear contacts when I'm getting dressed up, which sadly is a rare occurance.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Yes - same as you for driving, TV etc. didn't realise how bad my eyes were until I got mine!!!

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you EF I have the exact same problem and was a bit embarrassed because I didn't know anyone else who has the same thing!!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I'm not speccy myself but H is blind as a bat without his glasses. He wears contacts for playing football and special occasions or going out but they make his eyes sting after a few hours so no good for long term wear. Even with paying hundreds to get the lenses thinned his still appear quite thick as he has a really strong prescription too.

I was fuming when at Christmas after just paying £650+ for a new pair he left them at a wedding we were at. He wore his bloody lenses! I questioned why he was taking them when we left, he mumbled something about reading his best mans speech... anyway they were left on the top table and THROWN AWAY by venue staff! ? Luckily he has a spare pair.

On our wedding night he had done the same but left them with his Mum, we got to our hotal at just gone 1am he took out his lenses and then wanted to ring his mother who lives a good 25 mins out of the city centre to bring them to him! Needless to say I said no!

I do feel for him as he panics as soon as he wakes up scrabbling around for his glasses.

• snow-woman
    Beginner April 2013
    snow-woman ·
    • Hide content

I'm a speccy! I'm not that bad (-2.50 and -1.25) but need them for driving, TV etc. I generally have them on all the time tho otherwise I find myself squinting. I only tend to be without them when I'm pottering about in a morning or reading in bed at night.

Helpfully I managed to squash my new ones when drunk over Christmas (i don't remember this but the evidence speaks for itself!) so am back to my old ones - but there was v little change. In all honesty I think I was prob just bored of these after 4 yrs!

I tend to wear contacts when I go out tho

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I'm speccy but since just before the wedding I have had 10 pairs of lenses a month for moments when I don't want to be.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

These are my current specs... started out just for reading/tv but am needing them more and more now... apparently this is my eyes getting old Smiley sad especially since my eye incident last year.

I don't wear contacts at all... like ER, I don't wear them on a night out as my eyesight will go squiffy anyway!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics