Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

plantaseed
Beginner January 2012

Special Finale Ideas in here please....?

plantaseed, 27 July, 2010 at 10:42 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi peeps ?

My good friends are getting married in Sep and really want to have something special at the end when they say goodbye to everyone.

They have thought of sparklers but I don't see how that will work, hugging etc... bit scary!

Lanterns in the sky - someone they know has done this....

So any thoughts welcome.

Thanks

?

6 replies

Latest activity by plantaseed, 27 July, 2010 at 13:55
  • lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Fireworks would be ace but they're expensive and a lot of venues have strict rules about times etc.

I am throwing my bouquet at the end on the venue steps (as long as it's not raining) then we're being waved off in our wedding car. Not really spectacular but think it will feel just lovely! x

• bringon2010
    Beginner May 2010
    bringon2010 ·
    • Hide content

Get picked up in a rented "A-Team" van and speed off!!!!!! ?

XXX

• plantaseed
    Beginner January 2012
    plantaseed ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, i'll make a note of them.

anyone else?

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Not got any spectacular ideas....but here's few endings...

The Arch. .. all gets get up and make an arch to the door for the B&G to leave by. I did one last week that was quite funny. I started it off at the stage with the intention of it leading to the door. The people at the beginning had to run to the end to keep the arch going. Then some bright spark had the idea of sending the arch in a circle. When you're inside the arch its hectic and hard to see where you are so the bride and groom had gone round a couple of yimes before they twigged, broke out the arch and ran out the door to cheers and applause. On another occasion the guests kept the arch going through the room, then through the hotel foyer, through the door and right to the waiting car....now that did look pretty spectacular.

I've done a few where the B&G have chosen a special song for the ending and then done something bizarre to it. Best example is where they chose 'chasing cars'. The B&G immediately lay on the floor....all the guests followed suit.....and the photo was fairly spectacular of about 40 people layed out on a dance floor!

Another one is where during the final song the guests have made a big circle round the bride and groom and they've gone round thanking and hugging everyone in the circle before heading out the door. (Last time i did this there were over 100 guests so ended up looping the same song 3 times so the B&G could get round everyone before heading off.

Hope that helps

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Sandy sounds - now that does sound fun to me!

• D
    Beginner
    Doodle ·
    • Hide content

We ended with a massive group on the dance floor for Rage Against the Machine with Mr Doodle managing to not only pick me up but be bouncing me up and down in the air in time to the music - that was pretty spectacular in itself. As it ended we stood at the door to see everyone off personally.

Random info - then Mr Doodles went to make me and MoH toast and I stood munching cake talking to the Disco man. How rock and roll lol. (Our reception was in marquees in our back garden).

So in summary although things like laterns, being whisked off in a carriage etc are lovely TBH i'm not sure its really nessecary. Only thing I would say its its really good to have a definate end point...we've been to a few when its was like 'is this the end or is there a bit more' - confusing all round.

• plantaseed
    Beginner January 2012
    plantaseed ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like my type of thing doodle!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics