Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

DarkMoomin
Beginner June 2012

Spending money for Sharm el Sheikh?

DarkMoomin, 17 of February of 2012 at 19:57 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 3

Hi All,

We have booked our honeymoon in Sharm el Sheikh. Its 10 days all inclusive so for the most part no extra spend.

Just wondering if anyone her knew how much other spending money we might need? We aren't pre booking trips or anything, but aren't planning on doing the 'sightseeing' ones like the pyramids and Cairo. We may well do a quad biking trip, and a snorkel and/or diving trip, and we will probably eat in the ala carte restaurant once and maybe a meal out in Soho Square.

So any ideas? anyomne done this before?

Cheers!

3 replies

Latest activity by DarkMoomin, 24 of February of 2012 at 10:13
  • L
    Beginner August 2012
    Larkie08 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Dark Moomin,

We went to Sharm last august- we didn't take a lot of extra money with us, probably only about £100 or so but in hindsight we should of taken a bit more than that! We went quad biking and i think that that cost about £30 each. We took egyptian pounds with us but also sterling as the tour guides accept £'s and we tipped with £1 coins in the hotel restaurants.

We loved sharm so i'm sure you will have a fab time!! x

• Made By Debbie Howe
    Dedicated
    Made By Debbie Howe ·
    • Hide content

I went to sharm last September and hopefully going again this October. I took £500 with me and came back with about £400 (going towards the next holiday!)

We booked out trips with a seller just along from our hotel. There was a huge difference in price between them and the reps. We went quad biking for less than £20 each and that was with a private guide. So when we turned up there were the 3 of us and the guide going off in our little group and then dozens and dozens all stuck together going at a snails, so much better and cheaper.

While I was there we looked at going to Cairo and it was going to be around £100.

We also went to St Catherine's monastry which we all really enjoyed, I think that was around £25, a brilliant day, again booked through the same seller and we had the best guide possible.

We went to the hard rock cafe a couple of times, fantastic as always, food very cheap, drinks about the norm for there.

As most of the hotels are all inclusive you really wont need anything for food and drink unless you go outside the hotel.

Soho square we didn't get round to doing but it was cheap to catch a taxi there.

• princesssaraht
    Beginner December 2012
    princesssaraht ·
    • Hide content

Hi we went 2 years ago, and spent £1000, between 2 of us, but for that we went on a snorkelling trip, quad biking, and to St Catherines Monastery. We also ate out about 7 out of the 14 nights as my OH is veggie and got fed up of the all inclusive food. There's not much to buy only the usual souvenir camels/scarves etc, so if you arent planning on many trips, £500 should be plenty.

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone!

Sorry for not replying sooner (forgot I had posted here!)

I have budgetted £500 and we will have more available if we need it I think.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics