Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner July 2013

spending weekends and special occasions etc apart??

PaintedHales, 22 February, 2013 at 15:54

Posted on Off Topic Posts 35

Hello, I got a strange reaction today from someone about how me and H2B spend weekends and special occasions apart and just wondered if anybody else thinks its weird... We live in London but both our families live in the Midlands. I really hate being so far away so I go and stay with my parents for...

Hello,

I got a strange reaction today from someone about how me and H2B spend weekends and special occasions apart and just wondered if anybody else thinks its weird...

We live in London but both our families live in the Midlands. I really hate being so far away so I go and stay with my parents for the whole weekend every 2-3 weeks, H2B rarely comes with me and if he does, we stay seperately at our own parents places.. I was talking to someone about this today and they were surprised and couldn't believe that I intended to continue doing this after we are married. Also they nearly fell off their chair when I told them that me and H2B have never spent Christmas day together and that even after we are married, I fully intend for us to do Christmas seperately as I would never be away from my parents on christmas day, which H2B is fine with.

Do any of you do special occasions apart? Do you think you would find a married couple that did this strange? Just wondering.

Thanks,

35 replies

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I've only just seen this. I am one of those people that still refer to my mam and dads place as "home", even though I moved over 200 miles away from them to be with H and that was 7 years ago. I still call where I live now "home" so I guess I have 2 homes. I don't think you spending a weekend apart a month odd at all and I wouldn't be bothered if H didn't come with me when I went to visit my parents, as it is he loves it up there and I wouldn't be able to keep him away. I do find it odd that you are quite happy to not spend Christmas with your H though, I don't understamd that if both sets of parents live in the same area why you can't spend it together. We alternate every year, I know it's a tough time for your mum and I am sorry to hear what happened, so why can't you do xmas day with your mum and your OH and then go o his folks xmas day night. On the other hand, it's whatever worls for you and if you are both happy with it then that's all that matters.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics