Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

joannexyx
Beginner July 2013

spiritualist

joannexyx, 29 of October of 2011 at 21:22 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 28

Whats eryones opinions on these? i never really believed any of it until my sister went to see one yesterday. you may have seen my recent post about my Grandad passing away last month. everything the lady said to her was totally true and all linking. also something she said would happen happened today!

28 replies

Latest activity by Alreadymarried , 1 of November of 2011 at 14:07
  • jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I am open minded but never been to see one, I am scared about things to do with spirits paranormal etc.. Those paranormal activity film trailers freak me out!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I do. My sister went for one on a day that I had an audition. She not only predicted that I would get in but what I wore and what car I had driven there in.

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Don't believe in it a little bit. I went to see a fairly popular one about 15 years ago, I gave him no clues, no reactions and I didn't talk about anything in the waiting room beforehand. He gave me absolutely nothing to go on (he saw my nose stud and long skirt and knew I was a student and told me how interested I was in spirituality and how I'd definitely be going to the far east soon, absolute b*llocks LOL) and he didn't pick up my friend being pregnant. I don't think some are real and some are fakes, I think they're all fakes but on different scales of skills.

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Also I am very, very interested to find out more about the allegation of backstage information passing to "Psychic" Sally Morgan! Rather a large group of skeptics are planning a scientific test of her abilities, not that there's a chance she'd agree to it because she'll get found out for definite then.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I really don't know what to think. My H and MIL have both seen someone who was very convincing and told them both things which they couldn't possibly have known. The main thing what she told my H meant nothing to him until a few years later so there's no way he cpuld have given her ny clues.

My friend arranged for me to visit a clairvoyant that she had previously visited, a week or so before my wedding. I took my engagement ring of so that she wouldn't get any clues, and she was hopeless. She told me I would be meeting a dark haired man soon... When I was marrying my very blonde husband.

So, I understand there are a lot of fakes out there and until I see it for myself then I don't think I believe in it.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

I distrust those that go on TV like Sally Morgan or those that set up "psychic nights", but I do think there are people who do have a genuine gift.

My mum went to visit one old lady for her job and she was psychic - she'd never met my mum before but told her heaps about her and her family which she could not have possibly known. The old lady said it wasn't always a gift - it could be a burden too - she 'saw' what her husband would die of, and when he would die. There was nothing she could do to prevent it, but she knew what was coming. So sad.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I believe 100%. I have had readings with a few good mediums and they have known or predicted things that you just couldn't make up, I don't care what u say about cold reading, the details were too specific. I'm not stupid, I know there are alot of fakes taking advantage of vulnerable people. I have also had a few experiences myself and I know I'm not making those up!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Completely this.

• D
    Beginner
    darkivy ·
    • Hide content

I totally believe and would go to one if I thought they were genuine. I am sure there are fakes out there like there are in any profession but I believe some are real. I love paranormal stuff and am always trying to catch ghosts/orbs!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Anyone who believes, I strongly suggest you read Derren Brown "Tricks of the Mind".

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

All a big load of balls.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

I know people who used to work with Colin Fry and he never showed any psychic abilities when they knew him.

They said some other things as well, but Hitched is very googable....

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I really dont know, I have been to see a spiritualist, she knew a few things like I was getting married, maybe she seen the indent of my engagement ring? She told me we would buy a new car, 3 months later we did without prior warning, she told me we had recently decorated and we had, she said a few other things, at the time I was like no way but on reflection the things she said were very generalised. I know alot of people that have had readings who came away gobsmacked at the amount of information they were told that no one else could have known. I guess I sit on the fence with this matter.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

FB is not though! tell all!

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

I think it's a load of rubbish, and that there are some people who are very good at cold reading. i think that people hear what they want to hear and there will always be a chance that what they say will apply to someone.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

I'm not a believer.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

My mate split up with her bf because a palm reader told her it was the right thing to do. She ended up back with him a year later and they are expecting their first child today.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
  • Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

A friend of a friend of mine used to work as a Medium and was making an absolute fortune*. She used to read for lots of celebs and other people with more money than sense.

She's just gone back to Cambridge to study and is having real difficulty adjusting to life as a student, without a decent income. Makes you wonder why she hadn't seen the drop in income coming...

*regularly spending £thousands a week. On 'Stuff'.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

My friend went to see Sally Morgan and said they had the option of writing letters or leaving video messages for lost loved ones before the show. One of her colleagues wrote a detailed letter to her dad and guess what... he came through in the show! *rolls eyes.

I find the whole thing so completely distasteful. Preying on mourning families is just hideous.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

IMO, coincidence and a very innate human desire to attribute meaning to such quirks of life. How many times have you had a dream that hasn't come true? Nobody remembers those Smiley smile

• Weather Girl
    Beginner October 2009
    Weather Girl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS!

I've been to readings, as has my mum, and have had things said that nobody could have known. Lets just say it opened my eyes!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Personally, I think you just make things fit and what they have said becomes embellished in your mind and you forget what they actually said because you want to believe that it's real.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

I also think that you focus so much on the bits that do seem to apply that you forget that bits that don't.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics