Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2018

Spray tan or sunbed

JessNav, 9 of January of 2018 at 16:39 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all,

Getting hitched end of May and like everyone I want to look my best and have that "just stepped off a plane" glow. With it being May I doubt the Great British weather will allow me to get a nice tan so was considering sunbeds or a spray tan. I do tan however I am quite fair (thanks dad and his ginger genes!), I'm not against sunbeds but I do know the risks. So I am considering a spray tan however hear the "but it'll rub off on your dress" too often.

What can people recommend? Are gone the days of tans rubbing off on dresses or will it depend on what tan I have and when?

Thank you!

1 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 14 of January of 2018 at 22:12
  • M
    Beginner November 2018
    MrsGraves2B ·
    • Hide content

Providing you have the spray tan done a sufficient amount of time before the wedding ( I think they say about 3 days before!) I can't imagine you would have too many problems with colour transfer. This would give plenty of time for the colour to settle to its true colour also Smiley smile

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Rubbing off onto the dress isn't an issue as it will need dry cleaning anyway. As a wedding photographer, I find the issue is more the look of a fake tan on the photos. They tend to have an orange glow which we remove in the editing process. The difference in colour between the bride & groom is usually obvious too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics