Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2018

Sri Lanka/Maldives or Hawaii honeymoon??

ExpensiveGoldDecor793, 16 of July of 2017 at 19:18 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

We can't decide between Sri Lanka and the Maldives or Hawaii for our honeymoon in August 2018. We are looking for a mixture of relaxation and sightseeing/culture.

Has anyone got any words of wisdom to help us choose?

2 replies

Latest activity by Jenijen, 28 of August of 2017 at 21:24
  • The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

I was going to say Hawaii, but actually, Sri Lanka andnMaldives may be better for the good combination of relaxation, sightseeing and culture.

All lovely!!

We once did Miami, Florida Keys and Barbados which was great.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Silly question, but have you checked weather/rainy/hurricane seasons etc?

• J
    Beginner May 2018
    Jenijen ·
    • Hide content

I've not been to Hawaii, but can thoroughly recommend both Sri Lanka and the Maldives. Both were amazing holidays. I also wouldn't worry too much about where is 'in season'. I went to both places during 'rainy' season and it only added to the experience. It only rained twice during 2 weeks in the Maldives and the storms were amazing to watch and they pass really quickly. The first storm we sat on our veranda and watched it while drinking champagne. The 2nd time we stayed in our garden Jacuzzi.

We had one day of torrential rain during 2 weeks in Sri Lanka and we spent that day with baby elephants in the orphanage. There's nothing quite like getting muddy with a baby elephant! We booked a standard 2 week package holiday and booked a private independent tour guide who we stayed with for 4/5 days in the middle of our holiday.

You can't go wrong with either destination IMO

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics