Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amethyst
Beginner October 2010

Stag Do Invite List vs Wedding Invite List

Amethyst, 24 January, 2010 at 19:27 Posted on Planning 0 7

Been having a bit of a debate with OH over the first cut of his invite list for his stag do ... 10 of the names on there out of a total list of 24 aren't invited to the wedding! They are mostly sort of members of a group who have quite a few boy type weekends away but not friends of us as a couple so not invited to the wedding.

Do you think its odd to get an invite to a stag do but not to the wedding? I think it would be a no no for a hen do but are boys different about these things?

7 replies

Latest activity by BoroKate, 24 January, 2010 at 20:42
  • Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm, wierd one. I would say if you invite them to the stag or hen do you would invite them to the wedding too. Personal opinion though.

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I also think you only really invite people to hen/stag nights that you are inviting to the wedding even if its just the reception x

• Ms Nic
    Beginner May 2010
    Ms Nic ·
    • Hide content

Ooooooh tough one...

I think an invite for the stag do is an invite to the evening reception... I wouldn't ask any of my girly friends to the hen night & not invite them to the reception.. although maybe thats just me...

Would be intrested to see what others do/think though

Nx

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

Hi Amethyst,

I think it's personal opinion really and depends on how big your wedding is.

Jumbly Boy invited someone that wasn't invited to the wedding to his stag do and I went mental about it.... I just felt that it would then be expected that we'd invite those on the stag do to the wedding especially as our wedding is mainly friends and only a little family. So in the end, I've had to chop off some of my friends in order to fit this fella and his missus onto the wedding list. However, Jumbly Boy thought it would be fine not to invite this guy to the main do but I thought it was a bit out of order (but I can be a bit of a drama queen...).

On the other hand, if we were having a smaller, more family oriented do, I think it would be more understandable.

It's entirely up to you and Mr Amethyst though - it's your wedding at the end of the day!

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

We're both inviting extras. We're getting married abroad so only a small amount of people coming, close family and friends. If i didn't invite others most guests would be more my mums age (aunts!) than mine. Everyone is seeing it as a weekend away!

• Amethyst
    Beginner October 2010
    Amethyst ·
    • Hide content

Hmmmm seems to be opinion is if they go on stag do then they get an invite to the evening reception at least.

The trouble is we weren't really planning on having an evening reception as we are getting married away from where we live so all the guests have to travel at least an hour and a half, most further.

We don't have a limit on numbers though so I suppose we can invite them to the evening and if they decline as it's too far away - up to them!

I just can't believe he wouldn't think about whether stag invitees were invited to the wedding! We spent AGES going through the invite list before Christmas to get a final one for Save the Dates.

Anyway after discussing it he is going to have a re-think as he says the list I saw was just first ideas - it is up to him at the end of the day I suppose.

• BoroKate
    Beginner September 2010
    BoroKate ·
    • Hide content

Don't stress about it too much, I think men think about this differently than women. My OH is going go-karting as part of his stag weekend and because him and his workmates have been talking about doing this for ages, he's inviting them all even though only about a quarter of them are invited to the evening reception.

On the other hand I'm feeling obliged to invite people to my hen weekend just because they're coming to the wedding?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics