Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner May 2014

stag do strop!

claireanne89, 8 of August of 2013 at 21:03 Posted on Planning 0 17

I had my first real bride strop this evening about OH stag do.

His best man is arranging it all for him, everyone knows where there going except me and him (there just taking him to the airport and surprising him).

I threw a huge hissy fit at my parents earlier when my dad said its the weekend before the wedding!

Am i being unreasonable to ask them to change the date? it will be our last chance to get things sorted for the day and I don't want to be trying to finalise all the details while worry about him and if he will come home in one piece!

I was hoping that he would go the same weekend as my hen do which is 7 weeks before the wedding. Am i just being a complete bridezilla thinking that i can have such an input in his stag do?

17 replies

Latest activity by becca030713, 9 of August of 2013 at 11:47
  • F
    Beginner September 2014
    future.mrs.c ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I don't think you can get them to change the date Smiley sad I would be feeling exactly the same tho. Poor you

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

From a purely practical point of view - he's likely to be absolutely knackered after a weekend stag and if he has to go back to work in between that and the wedding, he might be pretty tired still by the following weekend.

However, if it's already booked I really don't think there's anything you can do about it. It's not the end of the world - just not ideal.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Yes it is annoying but with careful planning you can have all the i's dotted and t's crossed before he goes away and just hope he comes back in one piece...

we had ours on the same weekend (last weekend!) 4 weeks before the wedding.

• C
    Beginner May 2014
    claireanne89 ·
    • Hide content

Apparently it's not booked yet, the best man told my dad he was working on everyone being available that weekend.

So I might still have a chance the persuade them to change it?

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

My Hen was two weeks ago so key people could attend. A week before is pushing it but it will be fine, try not to worry - not too much you can do if its all booked, better just to smile and grin through it at this stage I reckon! Make sure they all have time to pick up their suits though.

xxx

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What does your OH say? It's his stag do. It might be that that's the only weekend everyone can go.

Mine refused to have it the weekend before as he didn't want to look haggard on the day! Ha!

• C
    Beginner May 2014
    claireanne89 ·
    • Hide content

He hasn't said much, he doesn't really have much say in it. The best man really isn't listening to him as he just keeps saying its fine I'm paying for it. I have said to him that the main thing to think of is the wedding not the stag do!

My OH will also have work between the stag do and the wedding so I'm sure he will be shattered for the wedding.

I just hope my OH gets a back bone and says its not a great idea to have it the week before.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

As it's not booked I'd say to him about the tireness factor but I don't think you can tell him when he can or can't have his stag.

I do think it's a bit silly to do it so soon though.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

How well do you know the best man?

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't be happy with this at all - a week before seems a bit pointlessly close esp if they're going away, but if that's the only time everyone can get together, then I can understand it and I'm sure it'll be fine. If it was me I'd leave it up to my OH but secretly hope he makes a stand! I wouldn't want my hen do that close to the wedding!

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't be happy with it ... purely based on the fact i'd be worried someone might shave his eyebrow off or something and it not have time to grow backi! haha!

I think you should say look please change it! How long till the wedding? I'm sure if it's not pre-booked it can be changed! Men ey? Never think of the bigger picture! Smiley winking xxx I hope you sort it !!!

• TheMrsMeFo
    Beginner April 2015
    TheMrsMeFo ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you are being unreasonable, I would feel exactly the same!

Going away the weekend before the wedding, in my eyes really is too close, like you say he will be shattered with having to go back to work inbetween the two.

I would speak to your OH and say you are concerned about him being tired etc and can he speak to his best man to change the date, the wedding is the main thing here. Even if he isn't paying for it, its still his stag do!!!

Hope they change the date

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Boys are stupid. Make some sh*t up about HAVING to see the registrar/venue/etc the weekend before that can't be moved.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

We sat and planned ours together, to fit in with work commitments, social stuff etc, and neither one of us wanted it less than a month before. I would suggest your OH doesn't get how tough it might be to do it that close. Talk to him!!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Honestly. I would speak to the best man myself - if he's not married, he probably doesn't realise how much needs to be done the weekend before the wedding. Plus, with there being a flight involved, I'd assume they're going abroad? Anything could happen. Could get stuck out there, he could break his leg and be unable to fly back etc etc. I know it's extreme, but I wouldn't be risking it a week before the big day.

• TheMrsMeFo
    Beginner April 2015
    TheMrsMeFo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

^^^^ this made me giggle so hard, water that I had just gulped leaked from my nose!!!!!

• becca030713
    Beginner June 2014
    becca030713 ·
    • Hide content

Oh I'd be concerned too, OH is always tired in everyday life that's without a stag do thrown in to the mix! I imagine there'll be a lot to do in the week running up to the big day.

I agree you can't tell him when to have his own stag but I would sit down and explain just how busy that week will be, if he still sticks to that date/refuses to bring it up with the best man I'd tell him you don't care how knackered he is that week - you're giving him his list of jobs and expect it done! He better pull his weight too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics