Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Stamps on RSVP?

11 of April of 2015 at 14:33 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi folks, looking for your thoughts on whether we should put a stamp on the RSVPs? The only reason I'm hesitating is because we have a wedding website where guests can RSVP online and most of our friends and family will use that, so just wondering whether this might be a potential cost saver...

What are you doing?

11 replies

Latest activity by N is getting married, 12 of April of 2015 at 07:40
  • MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Hi. We included an envelope but no stamp. And we've Had 3 comments so far about not including a stamp! !

• MsCoffeeCrazy
    Beginner July 2015
    MsCoffeeCrazy ·
    • Hide content

I know it's not for everyone but we're having call/text RSVPs. I'm notoriously bad for posting things and I imagine other people will be too so we've just put our numbers at the bottom of the invitations and said "please RSVP via call or text to...". I'm hoping this means that people will have no excuse to delay RSVPing! This also means I can ask for table drink preference in the same conversation rather than chasing everyone up afterwards x

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

I put in an addressed but not stamped envelope. most people have commented that we are generous to include the envelope!!

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

It seems really generous to me to include a stamp! I think I would notice more if an RVSP included a stamp than if it didn't. Definitely nothing wrong with call/text and email either.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I put stamped addressed envelopes with ours and we got them all back - and on time too!

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Our RSVP's were pre-printed on a postcard shaped/sized card. I didn't include stamps, but in the corner we had a box that said 'Please affix stamp here'. No need for an envelope.

We got most back, or people called, so I don't think you need to incl stamps. I've never received one pre-stamped!

• H
    Beginner May 2015
    Heathy2b ·
    • Hide content

We incuded an envelope but no stamp, we gave the option of replying by email and text too. I was really surprised everyone bar 2 posted theirs back and on time. no one complained about there being no stamp. X

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

We're including a stamp, but only because we got bought some personalised ones

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    mrsgzd ·
    • Hide content

We included a stamp on some of ours....people who lived further away, grandparents etc but friends and people we see regularly we didn't. We also gave the option to rsvp via text or email. We haven't had any comments from the people who didn't get a stamp

• N
    Beginner September 2015
    N is getting married ·
    • Hide content

We included stamps but shouldn't have bothered, we are still waiting for 3 who clearly can't be bothered to walk to the post box !!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics