Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2015

Starting to get fed up with mortgage application

conway13, 29 of April of 2015 at 16:39 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4

It feels like it going on forever. We sold our house months ago but still waiting on a formal mortgage offer, we had a mortgage lined up before but that fell through and we had to pull out on a house we liked. So now we got to start the process all over again. Just feeling fed about waiting for answers.

4 replies

Latest activity by kiwi_girl, 29 of April of 2015 at 20:49
  • kiwi_girl
    Beginner May 2015
    kiwi_girl ·
    • Hide content

I know how you feel.

We are currently in the process of trying to rush through a new mortgage application on our purchase (our 2nd on this house, but our 4th in total over the last year). The bank we initially applied with accepted us, but wouldn't accept the lack of building warranty the house has (it's 3 years old, so they still classed it as a new build). The new lender, who we spoke to on the phone yesterday, will accept it, and will hopefully rush through the mortgage. So sick of the hassle though!

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

Tell me about it! Having a rubbish mortgage advisor doesn't help. he seems to be a complete idiot. I've had to correct him on a couple of things, which is pretty bad as i know nothing about mortgages or financing!

Got the mortgage for our new house through last week and now trying to sort out the buy to let on our flat which we're hoping to keep and let out. That seems to be a right mess tbh.

Hope it goes well for you guys! Kiwi-girl it's really reassuring that you can apply for another mortgage in a short space of time if it doesn't work out with a specific lender.

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content

Same here, the most stupid mortgage adviser followed by complete rudeness and total incompetence! Plus a Cr&p IT system (apparently) and now waiting for it to be "manually processed" 2 months and waiting! escalated to head office as I had to get totally narky!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Really? I went to HSBC, took proof that I had the cash etc (plus they are my main bank) and I was approved for x amount there an then. Best interest rates around too, think they still are.

• kiwi_girl
    Beginner May 2015
    kiwi_girl ·
    • Hide content

Ah, that must've been the good old days (ie before this time last year!). HSBC are indeed still the best rates, and we had no problems with affordability with them, but they didn't want to lend to us due to there not being a building warranty on the property...even though it is now 3 years old. Sigh!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics