Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ibizalovin
Beginner January 2010

Stationary is expensive and boring!

Ibizalovin, 30 November, 2011 at 20:50 Posted on Planning 0 20

I am really struggling with choosing my invites and I really do need to hurry up! I have just found the whole process boring and I can’t believe how expensive they all are! Can anyone recommend any suppliers?

I like the idea of a rustic/recycled paper pocket fold with a single sided printed card inside perhaps with tissue paper and wrapped in raffia. I'm open to making the pocket fold including cutting the tissue and twine myself but can’t find a good ‘postcard’ design. That said I would also love to find something I liked but didn’t need to do myself

Any ideas?

20 replies

Latest activity by CardiffInvitations, 6 December, 2011 at 22:13
  • lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Not sure its really the style you are after but Suzanne at www.prettywild.co.uk is amazing, I love everything she does.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Seconded. I made my own but have recommended her to others. She's extremely creative.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

After searching many websites for pocketfolds & being dissapointed with the samples sent, I got mine from PDA card & craft in Nottingham. They had the largest range of pocketfolds I could find. Not only various sizes & shapes, but their variety of textured card pocketfolds, colours, paper type, prints etc was huge.

You can buy them plain to print at home, but I got them to print mine as they looked more professional. I did have to glue the envelopes, glue in the invite etc and added ribbon, diamonte buckle etc. I'm sure you could get the basic printed parts from them, then decorate as you like. The guy I spoke with there was helpful & offered card ideas based on our colour scheme. I did it all via email & phone.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Isn't it!!! 3 weeks in a row we've said we will choose stationary we look for about 5 minutes then loose interest!

• J
    Beginner April 2012
    Jules'n'Mark ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from ebay.....really cheap and very good at doing what you want! Worth a look x

• S
    Beginner December 2012
    Sarah-Jayne x ·
    • Hide content

Ohhh no I'm really disappointed that your struggling to pick stationery & finding it boring! Obviously I'm biased but I think its the best bit ha Smiley tongue.

I understand stationery can be expensive but generally if you have a budget in mind and discuss this with stationers most will work to this.

I have lots of pictures on my Facebook page and some on my website if you would like to look. I don't do any set designs so you can pick and choose anything that you like to be created for you.

Sarah x

• starstruck-
    starstruck- ·
    • Hide content

Am also a fan of Pretty Wild, and would also suggest looking at Bunny Delicious and Wedding Paraphernalia

Both are lovely (and I mean designs and people!). I love finding suppliers that don't just love what they do, but also love the whole wedding scene!

But, if you are really considering the DIY thing, then I place a lot of faith in Vistaprint. I get most of my business stationery from them as it is so cheap and I can design my own artwork and upload it.

• J
    jhndavid ·
    • Hide content

If you don't want to use the invitation for your wedding.Then you can use the RSVP or invitation for the wedding in the place stationary invitation.It is good for the nature and also saves money.

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Lisa, Kharv and Starstruck - you're very kind x

Ibizalovin, my website is under re-construction at the moment as I'm making big changes to my 'off-the-peg' ranges, but in the meantime the slideshow on the home page shows just a small selection of the variety of my work, finishes and print, but I do have much more including the new designs and a lot of bespoke orders that I can show you, along with prices via email. To me, stationery is never boring – I get so geekily excited playing with paper (and all sorts of other materials that can be made into invitations), typography and the possibilities of it so I'll try to think outside the box (or usual pocketfolds!) particularly for bespoke work. Even among my new ranges I have invitations as fans, booklets, banners and posters as well as pockets, folded cards and flat.

I can also recommend these very lovely designers, all differing in styles to choose from

www.millieandme.net
    www.lucyledger.com
    www.bunnydelicious.com
    www.weddingparaphernalia.co.uk
    www.perfectmatchdesigns.co.uk
    www.twobytwoweddings.com
    www.xoxo-wedding.co.uk
    www.twenty-seven.co.uk
    www.vickytrainor.co.uk
    www.cutture.com

Suz x

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ibizalovin

I'm sorry to hear your finding the whole stationery process boring. That makes me sad to hear that. Like the lovely Suzanne from PrettyWild, I find it the best bit!! It's one of the first things that your guest will see and it's usually the first personalised order you will receive that you get to send out BEFORE the wedding!!! A lot of my brides have said they got so excited when they received their invitations as it's the first time they have seen their wedding details written down. Makes it feel that bit more real.

Please do shout if you need any help at all. Suzanne has already given you lot's to choose from. I offer a free, NO obligation consultation service so don't work from any set portfolio. What ever you want I can usually do whether it be printed, handmade or cut. I also work to your budget rather than the other way around. The consultation service includes atleast 3 computer aided designs with unlimited amendments plus a full sample in your chosen design.

If you think I can help at all then please do let me know.

Nat

Beginner
    1511 ·
    • Hide content

My friend runs www.hellopretty.co.uk and they have fab designs and are very reasonable priced, plus you can have designs altered to suit your own theme

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

I would like to recommend Emma at Designs 2 Treasure. She is very versatile and not expensive at all.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is PDA a place you can actually go to or is it just the web-site?

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Ah sorry to hear you are struggling to find what you want.

I would suggest trying to find a local stationery firm who could do a consultation with you. From my experience, when you are getting annoyed and frustrated like this it helps to be able to look at actual samples as something to start from and then talk through the options, prices etc. It can also help bring the love back a bit!

Hope you find what you are looking for

Anna

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ordered all of my pockets and card from here too http://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/

You can get sample packs of most of the card types and order in singles if you want to play before ordering a lot.

• M
    Beginner October 2012
    Meggiemoo1981 ·
    • Hide content

If it's something you're not bothered about and don't want to spend much on then what about Vistaprint? The invitations were something neither of us really cared about and didn't want to spend lots on so we went for some cool designs with them. Our invitations cost about 20 quid and that includes magnets. Not to everyone's taste (especially not my Mother's is her face was anything to go by!!) but I love them!!!

• Doris 5/10
    Beginner May 2013
    Doris 5/10 ·
    • Hide content

I'm pretty sure you can visit there shop. It's in Langley Mill. Your a Notts Bride aren't you Purple Pixie.

I have also ordered a sample pack and colour samples. Should be delivered today.

Thanks Teal for the recommendation?

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I sure am Doris. I've got the sample pack but I thought that if I could go and see the actual things it would be easier to decide.

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Thank thank thank you everyone for all your help - I am going to start ringing/emailing around tomorrow.

How long before the wedding should the invites usually be sent?? I think Im already running late

• NorthumberlandBride
    NorthumberlandBride ·
    • Hide content

Im going to get my stationary from here

http://www.lilypondcards.com/

shes a supplier on hitched and very nice and very reasonable

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Invitations were traditionally sent out 6 weeks prior to the wedding however most people send them out earlier than that these days (2-3 months is fine)

I would say check with your venue want final numbers then send your RSVP date before that (you don't want to end up paying for more guests than you have!) then send them a month/6 weeks before that.

Kind Regards

Anna

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics