Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Stationary (OOS and table stuff) help and flashes wanted!

8 August, 2011 at 21:36 Posted on Planning 0 11

With under 4 weeks to go I need to start sorting out stationary. I'm okayish with what to do for table things - I'm doing place names, table names, table plan and menus - but I'd love to see some flashes for inspiration, esp if it was DIY - flashy flashy flash! Also any advice for getting a really professional finish when printing yourself?

My big issue is the OOS - not only do I have to get my head around the numerous stages involved in a catholic wedding and write it up in two languages, but I have no idea how to make this look good. I might get it printed professionally - do any HIBs do these? Any flashes and info about how you did/are doing yours would be wonderful!!!

11 replies

Latest activity by LottaVictualia, 16 August, 2011 at 11:41
  • sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

I'm in the same position as you. Need to do OOS for Catholic wedding in 2 languages. Can't help you but I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Could you do one of those double fronted / upside down booklets...?

One language until halfway through, then you flip it round and have the other language the other way round? Does that make sense? I'm not explaining it very well I know!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Mandalay have some OOS templates you could try playing with, but don't know if they'd work with the bilingual thing.

As for binding, you can just get some glittery cord/string in the right colour and tie it round the spine of the booklets. Easy peasy and looks lovely. We've got ribbon for ours but it's actually not perfect as it's quite broad and will cause trouble opening some of the pages, so I'm going to have to have a play!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I printed mine onto A4 (and had one of those long staplers!)

You could attach together with ribbon, stitching, elastic, brads...

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Could you overlap some of the text in both languages, in an artistic way (you clearly have the talent)? Maybe some of the words for "Amen" or other short responses?

Something like:

Except better (and obviously, not in French) Smiley smile

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I borrowed mine from work, should be fairly easy to get hold of one and I laid mine out in text boxes on powerpoint, I find it much easier than word.

I also made all my table stuff... all printed on my little Kodak inkjet (sparkly paper helped to make it look good!)

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    superlauren321 ·
    • Hide content

Wow mrs c your stationary is absolutely beautiful! x

• LottaVictualia
    Savvy
    LottaVictualia ·
    • Hide content

Hey enterflora, I was just wondering what you decided to go with for your OOS as I am facing the same problem. The only difference is that we have a CofE wedding. I am leaning towards a A5 booklet with left for English and right for German.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics