Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Romanticorangebridesmaid36953
Beginner June 2025 Gloucestershire

Staying at the hotel a year before the wedding.

Romanticorangebridesmaid36953, 24 of May of 2024 at 15:32 Posted on Planning 0 2
Heyy all ☺️

Looking for some honest opinions please 🙏🏽
We get married 1st June next year. We chose 1st June as its when we first met (soon to be 6 years ago) it's a real special date for us 🥰
This year will mark 6 years together and we were due to go abroad. We've cancelled this and said we will save the money instead and just have a weekend away. We've decided on stopping at the hotel we will be having our wedding reception and stopping over the night. We said this will be special 6th year anniversary because the next time we go there is when we will be husband and wife.
My MoH (my sister) however has a different opinion! She says that stopping there for a weekend will ruin the surprise of when we actually are married next year. She says that we shouldn't stop at the same hotel and pick somewhere else for our 6 year anniversary. She also says that we should wait till we are married as we will step into the room for the night as husband and wife.
While I do understand her opinions I don't think we are ruining anything and the specialness of how we see it should be respected.
I just want to know what your thoughts are? Have any of you stopped at the same hotels that you either got married in or had your reception and 1st night as husband and wife?
Thank you all so much in advance ☺️

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 3 of June of 2024 at 09:30
  • M
    Beginner May 2024 Shropshire
    Marisol ·
    • Hide content

It's lovely that you and your fiancé have chosen a date with such personal significance for your wedding. Your plan to spend your 6th anniversary at the same hotel where you'll have your wedding reception sounds special and meaningful. While your sister's concern about preserving the surprise is understandable, the uniqueness of your experience is shaped by your perspective. If staying at the hotel enhances your connection to that place and builds anticipation for your wedding, it could make your big day even more special. Many couples revisit meaningful locations to reinforce their bond. It's about what feels right for you and your fiancé. Trust your feelings and cherish the moments you create together.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It's entirely up to you.

Personally, I feel that getting married is special enough by itself and that you don't need to jump through all kinds of hoops to make the day even more special! (And you don't have to book the exact same room both times unless you want to anyway)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics