Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner February 2015

Steaming Wedding Dress

jemster, 11 of February of 2015 at 16:00 Posted on Planning 0 2

I've just been looking at hand held steamers with a view to doing it myself but now must admit having second thoughts. It's 3 layers and it's recommended that you steam each layer from underneath. I sounds really tricky and risky. Also the water can splutter and mark the dress. I believe it's quite expensive to have it steamed but then I'll probably pay £20 or so for a steamer so that comes out of that amount. We only have a small low key wedding but seem to keep finding more and more things to pay for. It's like a mantra: well it's ONLY an extra £20/30/40/50 etc. Can't spoil the ship for a happeth of tar etc.

I can't really hang it up at home as I have cats that get everywhere despite best efforts. They are going into a cattery a few days before the wedding so plainning on doing it then.

Will you need to steam and what will you do?

2 replies

Latest activity by jemster, 11 of February of 2015 at 17:02
  • Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Can you not hang the dress up at a friends or families? I'm praying mine won't need steaming after the flight by packing if last minute and unpacking it asap! But personally I wouldn't risk a hand steamer on the big day as it will be Sod's law something will go wrong!

• J
    Beginner February 2015
    jemster ·
    • Hide content

Mmm...I must admit that's less than I thought.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics