Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsStobe13
Beginner May 2013

Sten/Hag do ideas..help?

MrsStobe13, 1 of May of 2013 at 19:25 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hello folks,

Been a while since I've posted, I've had to take a few weeks off from things. In that time, my H2B has had his stag do but my dream hen has just been a no-no. My H2B has just had a lovely weekend in Liverpool with his Dad and 3 friends but my best friend and brother are now at loggerheads. The plan was, as I found out last week, that I'd do a spot of evening canoeing next Friday followed by laser tag on Saturday and a night in my favourite 80's bar in the evening. Overtime, so many people have dropped out that it would be my Mum, brother (chief bridesman), neighbour's daughter and me on the Friday, with just me, my Mum and brother on the Saturday and only me and my brother for the evening! They were so hurt by this situation they took me to Exmouth on Saturday for a day at Crealy adventure park and a walk on the beach to give me something to remember. I've put the idea of a meal out to the girls as suggested by some Hitched ladies but everyone was certain they couldn't afford it and those who could couldn't agree where to go.

Having spoken to my Mum about the situation, I've found out that the the girls are pushing for either:-

A pamper day at a spa which I can't afford, and would hate with a passion as I'm a tomboy and HATE being touched after years of bullying,

OR

I organise a night in with pampering, films, drinks and nibbles which would leave me to pay, host it and clear up, and throw my man out for the evening which is unfair on him!

On the grounds of that I've come to the conclusion that a 'sten' do would be a better idea. Our best man and my H2B are on board to make sure I have a good time, too. There were also guys who couldn't be on the stag do so it'd make sure everyone got to celebrate. To be completely frank, I fit in better with the boys, anyway. I just let them go to Liverpool as planned, believing my hen do was coming along nicely. At first, I was hurt that my hen isn't going so well but I've now decided to have a sten do which would allow me to have a good time with the boys and do the kind of things I like to do. The thing is I'm stuck for ideas. I've done some online research and found articles which suggest the boys go for some testosterone-pumping action while the women go get pampered, but I'd rather be part of that testosterone-pumping action! I've suggested to my H2B that we go for the laser tag or some assault courses but I'm running a bit scarce for inspiration. Has anyone ever had/been on a hag/sten do? Any suggestions?

Thanks all!

MrsStobe13 xx

2 replies

Latest activity by Nandalie, 1 of May of 2013 at 22:37
  • S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

I have. It was a Hag Do in Hampshire in Yurts. Great fun! The first night we had a party in the communal lounge/kitchen/diner building. The Saturday we over to Hayling Island and had fish and chips on the beach and then in the evening had a campfire party. Sunday morning was cricket.

• MrsStobe13
    Beginner May 2013
    MrsStobe13 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I stepped into a yurt for the first time in Exmouth, definitely, definitely to be done!

MrsStobe13 xx

• N
    Beginner May 2013
    Nandalie ·
    • Hide content

My group of friends and I always do a sten for every wedding we go to- tend to hire a house and let our hair down.

Our sten a few weeks ago was at a place caller Trevor hall in Wales and we went on a canal boat for the day ( broke lots of rules and got told off but had lots of fun). Been to centre parks where we did whatever we wanted- super fun time building rafts and racing them cross a river, hit the indoor swimming pool and then optional spa day. Loads of stuff to try there- maybe look at what they offer for inspiration?

Always wanted to go zorbing- looks hilarious!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics