Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephisaur
Beginner April 2017

Stephisaur's Wedding Report! Very Flash heavy!

Stephisaur, 26 of May of 2017 at 10:02 Posted on Planning 0 19

Yay! It's report time! It's long (sorry not sorry) with lots of piccies! Smiley smile

The Days Before

My Wedding prep started on the Friday, which happened to be my Dad’s birthday! I took OH to work (we work together) and then I went off to get my nails done. I walked in with every intention of getting something neutral and sophisticated, and walked out with Rose Gold Glitter haha

I came back to work to pick up my Dad and take him for lunch. Afterwards, we went to the Spa and I had a massage while he had a facial. It was so relaxing and we both had such a nice time Smiley laugh We then went to the Bridal store to pick up my Wedding Dress and the Flowergirl dresses before I dropped him back at work and picked up OH.

On the Saturday, we had to drop all the stuff off at the Hotel for the Wedding. We got this done nice and early and then I went to pick my Bridesmaid and her boyfriend (an usher) up from the train station and dropped him off at my house to spend time with Adam.

My BM and I went off into town (back to the spa!) so that the 3 BMs could have their nails done. They chose a lovely metallic dark grey which went really well with their dresses. Then we went back to mine to collect the boys, before dropping BM and her partner off at their hotel. Adam and I went on to the hotel we would be getting married at as he was staying there the night before. We had a pot of tea with my Nan, who was also staying there, while I waited for my parents to pick me up.

I went off to my Mum and Dad’s and had a really relaxing evening. I had a swim in their pool (oooo), followed by some bubbly in the jacuzzi (yes, they have a jacuzzi too lol) and then we had a BBQ with some salad for dinner. I went up and had a lovely bath, then got an early night ready for the Wedding Day.

The Wedding Day

I had set my alarm for 6.45am ready for a busy morning of preparations, but I woke up at 6am because the sunlight was STREAMING through the blinds. I was over the moon, as I was fully expecting rain!

I went downstairs and had a cup of tea, then hopped in the shower before everyone arrived at 7am. I’d made a very detailed schedule for everyone to get their hair done/get dressed etc. and I was so glad I did! We even ended up ahead of schedule and actually had to wait around to leave! My BMs left first, so while we waited for their car to return and pick Mum and Nan up, we had some photos in the garden. Just as my Dad and I were about to leave, he said he had something for me. He presented me with a Swarovski box, containing a bracelet that matched my necklace. I almost broke down in tears at that point, but somehow held it together!

Once we arrived at the hotel, I had to kick Dad out of the car so he could usher everyone out of the reception – Mum would go spare if anyone saw me in my dress! He got everyone out just in time, and then I went off for my pre-ceremony meeting. I was getting a bit irritated as the registrars were running late, but that was their fault not mine! Haha

I’d like to add here that at NO point on the day was I nervous! I just wanted to get it done with, we’d been waiting so long! I think that might be why I took everything with a pinch of salt on the day. As long as I married Adam, everything would be ok!

It’s probably for the best that I felt that way as it made the walk down the aisle the FUNNIEST thing. Did I mention we were getting married outside? And I had a cathedral length veil? Well, thank goodness for Bridesmaids – they had to hold my veil almost the entire way down. Anytime they let it go, it would snag on EVERY post alongside the path because it was really windy haha

The Ceremony itself was uneventful, but really lovely. Afterwards, we got back in the car and were driven down the road and back so we could have a few moments to ourselves while the guests mingled and got drinks and canapes.

We had some photos taken outside and then we went in to dinner. The food was amazing and we were so happy with it. We had a magician to do some close up tricks before the food was served, and he was wonderful too. I don’t know how he did them. Mind blown!

After dinner, we had the speeches. The toast from our Usher was brilliant, I was so proud of him! He’d been nervous about it, but I think his was the best. My Dad’s made me cry and Adam’s made HIM cry. They were by no means perfect, but they were lovely. I’d previously told Adam to make sure he called me beautiful, so he said “Steph’s told me I have to say how beautiful she looks…” thanks, lol!

We mingled for a little while after that until the evening guests arrived. Shortly afterwards, we did the cake cutting and our first dance. I make cakes as a hobby so the cake was a HUGE deal for me. I designed it, but left its creation to a baker I met at a Wedding Show. She did an amazing job, I was so happy! Smiley laugh

The first dance was the single most awkward thing we have ever done. Seriously, get your DJ to invite other couples up. It was excruciating having everyone stare at us for those 3 minutes haha.

After that, we just kind of partied until the end of the night! We had a photobooth which went down really well with everyone, even though Adam and I only got one picture together in there!

And that’s it! All over and done with now! Thanks for reading haha Smiley smile

19 replies

Latest activity by Tidal Wave, 6 of June of 2017 at 16:13
  • Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Aww Stephisaur, that was amazing - you looked incredible & so happy! Glad you said you weren't stressed or nervous - that's what I'm feeling most worried about at the moment.

Love your dress, love the cake, love the veil, love the thrones!

Your mum & dad's house looks incredible btw! ?

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

Omg! Stephisaur you look gorgeous! I'm so happy the weather was lovely for you, even with it being windy.

Your dress was beautiful! The cake looked amazing!

I'm so impressed you managed to keep your cool all day. If I can be like that on the wedding day I will be over the moon. But I'm not feeling nervous at the moment ahaha!

lovely photos as well Smiley smile

congratulations! I'm so happy for the both of you.

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies Smiley heart

xx

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

You look beautiful and so happy Smiley smile

Your photos are stunning and I love your cake and the figures on top!

Your parents house looks amazing! Love the picture by the pool with your bridesmaids Smiley smile

• F
    Savvy July 2018
    FutureMrsT123 ·
    • Hide content

This is all so gorgeous! You look beautiful, hugest congratulations! Xxx

• T
    Beginner October 2017
    TheOrganiseuse ·
    • Hide content

Hello, I am new here but I wanted to say it is a beautiful setting (love the pics in front the bluebells!) and you looked gorgeous. Congratulations Smiley smile

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Welcome to the forums Smiley smile Smiley heart

xxx

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Oh Steph I've been waiting for this and you didn't disappoint!! Your day looks amazing, I'm so glad everything went so well, you looked absolutely stunning.

Congratulations again xxxx

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

Awww congratulations! IT all looks so amazing and you look so beautiful!

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Looks amazing congratulations x

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all for your kind words Smiley smile I'm glad it didn't disappoint! Smiley smile

xx

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Fabulous report Stephi! Loved every minute of it- thank you for sharing your gorgeous day with us! xx

• H
    Beginner August 2018
    Hannzz ·
    • Hide content

What stunning pictures, you look beautiful and congratulations Smiley smile

• TigerKitty
    Beginner September 2018
    TigerKitty ·
    • Hide content

Congrats Stephisaur!!! Everything is so beautiful!!!

Think I'll be crying all the time through the speeches (If we do, do need an interpreter...) I'm emotional...

Esp love your pic in front of the bluebells!!!!!!

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic report. I so enjoyed reading it! You all look like you had the best time and I'm so pleased for you

• Pookie8911
    Beginner April 2017
    Pookie8911 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!! Loved reading this and seeing your pics - so great to see your day come together!! You've given me the kick up the bum to get my report done now!! Smiley smile xx

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys Smiley smile

If anyone in the West Midlands is after a photographer I 100% recommend Nicola at Daffodil Waves. She is a miracle worker I swear!

Pookie - get your act together Smiley winking

xx

• K
    Beginner August 2017
    katiepoppycat ·
    • Hide content

Awwww, these pics are adorable. I love how you seem to be just gazing at each other like there's noone else there. It all looks fab and your cake toppers are the best. You have inspired to get out and make my garden look halfway presentable for pics. No pool though Smiley sad

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Looks like a wonderful and happy day Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

Been waiting to read this! Sorry not been on in ages, but you both looked lovely, and am so jealous of your parents house, especially if I am right, giant connect 4.

So glad you had a lovely day and that it all went perfectly!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics