Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2013

stockings?

AmzieM, 13 of June of 2013 at 09:56 Posted on Planning 0 7

Has anyone wore stockings before? are they actually worth it?

i am undecided if to wear any or not.

i don't like it when walking and my thighs rub against each other (sorry forgot the correct term) and even though i am toning myself and losing a bit of weight. i am still concerned about them rubbing. and i hate it. especially if become warm.

so would stockings help or tights or any other advice?

thank you.

7 replies

Latest activity by Helenia, 14 of June of 2013 at 11:14
  • Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I went through a phase of wearing stockings / hold ups and, like you, I am blessed with a little bit of 'surplus' in the thigh department! It doesn't seem to matter what size I am (have recently lost a lot of weight and it's still there).

In my experience, the stocking tended to push up the thigh flab making them more likely to rub together (iykwim? I feel like I should draw a diagram...) Imagine a sausage being squeezed into its skin! There are few things more uncomfortable than thigh chafe, especially in warm weather! It's like having sandpaper between your legs.

So, you can either wear tights, or get an ant-chafe gel or stick like runners use. That should do the trick!

• A
    Beginner September 2013
    AmzieM ·
    • Hide content

Yeah i understand what you mean.

thank you. i never tried stockings and wondered about them, i did think would be like too tight or not stay up or something. will try the stick thing for a bit before the date, if doesn't work i think i will end up with tights.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I'm wearing stockings on the day:

1) because I bought a cute bride-y suspender belt in the debenhams sale and H2B will love it

2) because I will definitely shove several fingers through my tights if I wear them, in my numerous, drunken toilet adventures in the evening

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Depending on your dress, tights may make it VERY difficult to go to the toilet.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

On a rare occasion when I wore a dress (to my partners daughters wedding) I wore the hold up stockings.....never again. Walking out of the church, I felt them slipping down. By the time I'd got to the car, they were down by my ankles! I had to miss out on the photos and dash off to Tescos to buy a pair of tights!

I always feel more femine and sexier in stockings...but I'll never use the hold ups again.

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tea length! *smug face*

I love a good pair of tights, me. Won't be wearing either on the day- will sweat to death!!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nothing to do with the length - more about how tight it is around your waist/bum area. My corset was so tight I would have struggled to get tights out from under it, much less put them back afterwards!

My legs are not good enough to go bare.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics