Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sunset21
Beginner

Straggly hair, need a haircut - pic added but blink and you'll miss it [rotfl]

Sunset21, 17 June, 2009 at 12:11 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

I have longish hair but it's in a ponytail today and the 'tail' is less than pretty looking, it's all dry on the ends and lighter in colour. I think I need to go for the chop [gulp] How come some women have lovely thick looking ponytails and mine is straggly? I have no idea what to go for, I like my cut but it just sits there looking unkept.

Has anyone had a few inches off recently? Was it a HUGE difference or just a slight change for you? I don't want to regret doing it.

8 replies

Latest activity by Sunset21, 17 June, 2009 at 13:14
  • S
    Beginner December 2006
    SarahR ·
    • Hide content

Do you have your hair trimmed regularily? I've noticed since having my LO I have my hair cut less & the ends really suffer, pre baby I was having a trim every 6-8 wks & the ends were always glossy & looked great.

I've never really had a re-vamp, but 1 of my friends had a dramatic cut (over 6 inches off) & it totally transformed her look, sje was really pleased too.

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

I probably have a cut every 12 weeks or so. I have layered hair and it just looks a bit thin. I was once told I had fine hair but lots of it. I want a cut that's going to make it look thicker but I think that's asking for the impossible, they can't stick bits on. I don't know, it's easy to manage at the moment, I don't want to regret having much off but I'd like something different. I suspect i'll end up having a trim and coming out looking very much the same.☹️

• Ostrich
    Beginner April 2005
    Ostrich ·
    • Hide content

I'd quite happily give you half my hair to stick on, Sun. ? My hair is very thick and it's a pain. It takes ages to dry and ages to cut!

I'd say go for the chop. You're young, you should be experimenting! What's the worst that can happen? If you don't like it, it will grow back. As long as you don't go pixie crop short, it shouldn't be a disaster.

I am so slack at emailing btw, but I will get around to it later this week. Life is mega busy at the moment with house selling/renting/holidays/operation/sick kids!

• jaz
    Beginner
    jaz ·
    • Hide content

I got a good bit off mine quite recently, think there's photos on flickr if you're on HPAD? The condition is much better and it feels thicker. I was always told I didn't have particularly thick hair, just lots of it but it was getting straggly and bits were falling out (stress maybe) and it definitely feels better now.

You got any photos of it now?

• chids
    Beginner
    chids ·
    • Hide content

I'd been growing my hair for about 12 months until my wedding in August last year and just having the dead ends chopped off regularly about every 8 weeks or so and although it was longer i thought that it looked limp and untidy looking. I've recently been back and had a good couple of inches cut off and it looks much healthier and thicker and just generally in a better condition.

I'd definately recommend you go and get a fair bit chopped off, even if you just go for a couple of inches at a time so that it's not such a big difference all in one go.

• jaz
    Beginner
    jaz ·
    • Hide content

I find pontails pretty unflattering on me and prefer having my hair at a length where it sits ok hanging loose as my "tail" looks a bit pathetic. I think you look great there but I find my hair so much more manageable this bit shorter and prefer the bluntness of the cut and having my fringe back! I think you could totally get away with a long bob, and as someone said, what's the worst that could happen?

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

Blimey, that cut makes you look younger.

I couldn't have a blunt fringe, it'd be greasy all the time and I have a cows lick or whatever it's called so it probably wouldn't sit properly. I do need some softening on my face though to cover my HUGE forehead and help with my hard look.

I think I need to buy a mag.

• jaz
    Beginner
    jaz ·
    • Hide content

I have to wash my hair everyday as it feel greasy, fringe or no fringe [sob] It is much quicker to dry now though which is handy. I also dye my hair a slightly darker colour than before which I think makes it look a bit fuller. Speak to your hairdresser and see what they think or if they tend to be a bit samey like mine, go to someone random (but with a fancy salon) like I did and put your fate in their hands ?

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

https://www.hairfinder.com/celebn/hairstyle-nicole-richie3.htm

this is the sort of fringe i'm after, not blunt but covering more face than my current one does. Not sure how that's achieved.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics