Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Puddycat
Beginner December 2012

Strap Marks !!

Puddycat, 22 May, 2012 at 17:12 Posted on Planning 0 13

So now that the sun has finally come out to play? how many people are going to be living in strapless tops ?

13 replies

Latest activity by Mrs_imp, 22 May, 2012 at 20:34
  • Jules73
    Beginner August 2012
    Jules73 ·
    • Hide content

Oh I never thought about that! Going to be more aware of what I wear in the sun now. I don't tend to wear vest tops much but I live in t shirts during the summer.....nothing worse than brown arms and white body/shoulders (although Keith Lemon quite likes that look ?).

Question is....do we wear boob tubes all summer long or cover up?

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

I have aLready failed this one!

We did a 10 mile hike last weekend and now I have brown arms and white shoulders.

Then we did a long journey in the car so I also have a seatbelt strap tan line going across my chest!

6 weeks to even out, don't know what to do!

• Puddycat
    Beginner December 2012
    Puddycat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooops ? Boob tubes or rain might be in order ?

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

Being ridiculously pale and prone to burning, I have a decent collection of lightweight long sleeved tops. Living in these when it's sunny so avoided strap marks so far. Not much warmer than a strappy top, and boob tubes not an option (30G/H!)

• LeedsBride
    Beginner September 2012
    LeedsBride ·
    • Hide content

I'm paranoid about getting strap marks as I tan easily. I'll either be wearing factor 50 sun screen or long sleeves!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I always end up with really odd shaped strap marks where the top has slipped or something, or one side of my back tanned and the other not - or worse, burning across both my shoulders so the strap mark stays forever. I think I still have last year's shoulder strap marks Smiley sad

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

MUA said to me do not cover up, you will look more stupid with brown face neck and hands than with strap lines. she can use make up to blend straplines. I work outdoors so I just plan on wear loads of different tops to keep away from very vivid white lines.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Strapless- never! Not since I was maybe 12 & didnt need a bra!

My strap marks are permanently white!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to end up with real issues with this. On busy days at work I often get shoved outside and if its sunny i'm risking tan lines in the shape of my work blouse and there's nothing I can do about it ? Plus I don't know what to do about going out in the day time. If its warm I don't want to cover up, but don't want to risk any lines!

I don't think I need to worry too much because i'm having a bolero made but still. I think I will be slathering on the factor 50 suncream every time the sun even peeps out now!

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

I currently have a large white X on my back from my top today?

• Nik_Nak
    Beginner September 2011
    Nik_Nak ·
    • Hide content

Last summer, I looked like a right grease monkey (with a sun phobia) whilst out on dog walks because I'd cover myself up completely and slap on factor 50. I don't need to worry about tan lines this year ?

• J
    Beginner October 2013
    Jesusluiz ·
    • Hide content

Being ridiculously pale and prone to burning, I have a decent collection of lightweight long sleeved tops.

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

I've been sat in the garden in my bikini top! otherwise out and about, stapless boob tube type

tops!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Me, I have just over a month to go and there is no way that I am getting strap marks now! ? I will cry if I do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics