Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

zoface
Beginner May 2016

Strapless, backless, DD+ cup bra help

zoface, 16 of February of 2016 at 13:30 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi

My dress has a low back lace and lace shoulders meaning I can't have bra straps as they will be seen

I need a DD+ bra solution to solve this.

Tried stick on bras - feels like its falling off in minutes

Tried Bare Lifts tape - got sore blisters.

Has anyone, ever had this problem before and what did you do???

8 replies

Latest activity by Lapland2015, 17 of February of 2016 at 01:45
  • S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

Do you definitely need a bra? I ask because I'm an F cup, and my dress was a not dissimilar design and I didn't need one. If you do need a bra, then try the Ultimo low back bra, I think it goes up to DD.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Echo is the dress boned and does it defo need one. If so what about making seamstress to sew cups into the dress.

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

Usually the dress has enough structural support to not require a bra and a good seamstress can easily pop in some cups to give you a bit of extra lift and support if you want.

I'm going to have some chicken fillets sewn into mine to give me a bit of a boost... I'm not as blessed in the bust department as you!

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Yup, same question as the others. Have you been told you need a bra? I always planned to wear one and on my first fitting was told to take it off as I didn't need it. I could still wear one, but they said it would be more likely to get in the way than be any help.

So I'd say check with where you're getting your dress from, you may not need to worry about it Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

My dress isn't structured so the bridal shop have told me they are adding an inbuilt bra into the dress, could you not speak to the lady doing the alterations and see if that's a possibility? Even buy a cheap ish bra which they can cut up and re distribute?

• P
    Beginner August 2016
    Potter&Me ·
    • Hide content

Ultimo do a low back strapless bra which I'm thinking of getting as I have a low back dress too and would be more secure than stick ons. Looks like DD are out of stock at the mo but maybe you could contact them and see when they'll have it.

• zoface
    Beginner May 2016
    zoface ·
    • Hide content

Hi all

Thanks for your suggestions. Sadly the ultimo is no way near low enough (think top of bum low) or big enough (F cup) but will definitely pursue the cups or not bother at all options....

Thanks!

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

I had a bra strap built in low as mine was a laced back and had fillets sewn in which gave me extra support. Speak to the shop assistants or seamstress and they can point you in the direction of the best solution

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Btw you may not need anthing. The strap mainly kept the dress in place for doing it up and the cups do give support but i could have gone without. I just felt better with them

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics