Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2015

Straw bales in Kent? Chilham...

MaeMae, 1 of October of 2014 at 00:49 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi

I was wondering how you source covered straw bales for a wedding? I've seen multiple 'real life' weddings articles at Chilham Village Hall (where I am getting married next summer) and they have straw bales as seating outside which is exactly what I'm looking for.

However, I can't find any info on how to source them and where they come from in local area. I was wondering if anyone has had a wedding at Chilham and hired straw bales (straw rather than hay as some of my family/friends have hayfever).

Any advice would be great, thanks so much :-)

3 replies

Latest activity by Scottish_Sarah, 5 of October of 2014 at 20:50
  • C
    Beginner January 2001
    charlinc ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to be the one to tell you this but if your friends have hayfever then straw bales could set off their allergies too. Just remind people to take an antihistamine before the reception and they should be ok.

• S
    Simply Ceremonies Uk ·
    • Hide content

There are quite a few companies who sell but not any that hire. You can always buy and donate to the horse sanctuary at Canterbury later.

you may find it difficult to hire from a stables as they will need to ensure there are no contaminants left behind as they will use it for bedding of the animals after.

I've attached a link which may help.

http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do?keywords=hay+and+straw+suppliers&location=Kent&scrambleSeed=1262329134

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MaeMae ·
    • Hide content

Hi I think if I tell everyone who has hayfever to take an anti-histamine should be ok. For some reason I thought straw would be ok...

Thank you so much for the link, that's so helpful!

Really appreciate you taking the time to help me xx

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

We are hiring direct from our venue - it's also a farm shop but in Cambridgeshire I'm afraid, but he also hires to the "posh" venues around, can you find the local wedding barn and ask them directly? It's a bit cheeky but you can make it seem like your trying to hire from there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics