Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner July 2024 Shropshire

Street food

Kelly, 29 of July of 2023 at 16:07 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hi, we are looking at having street food vans for our food at the reception.
Does anyone have experience of this, like what works/doesn’t? Do I need more than one van? Do I need ‘inside’ food as well? Am I overthinking this? 😂
Any advice and recommendations welcome!! X

2 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 6 of September of 2023 at 12:08
  • Emma
    Curious April 2024 South Yorkshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content

Have you seen a BBC series on at the moment called "The Ultimate Wedding Planner"? In the third ep they had a fish & chip van. It didn't go well and guests were queuing over 45mins to be served.

I'd speak with different companies to see how many people they can realistically serve in a certain timeframe. More than one van would be nice, to give people with different tastes/dietary choices a few options.

Also, do you have a plan B should the weather be horrific?

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't give too much credence to TV as they create angst and fake problems for effect.

But Emma does have a point about how quickly they can serve, I suppose its all about having a load of fish ready to go, they probably also need to serve on a side table which would speed things up rather than serving it all out of a little window.

I have seen chip vans for the evening food and they did not seem to have queues but that is slightly different to day food as in the evening its slightly more spread out when people want the food,

I think another option like piza van with the chip van would help.

As for inside food I think its fine to just stick with the vans - people do not have to eat outside.

Chip van just above the "W" in my watermark

Street food 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics