Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner July 2012

Stressed about hen do!

Wherts2b, 26 of April of 2012 at 14:53 Posted on Planning 0 10

I've got my hen do in a few weeks which I have organised myself (by choice) for an overnighter in cheltenham, arriving lunchtime, cupcake making at 4pm, meal on the eve and clubs. I just don't know what to do in the time between when we get there and 4pm! There's 15 of us so shopping really doesn't seem an option, and a few people coming don't drink but my only idea is trawl around a few nice bars!

I know i'm probably over thinking things but i'm falling behind with wedding plans and now I'm finding other things to worry about!

10 replies

Latest activity by SophieHawdon87, 4 of May of 2012 at 10:39
  • Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

Will you need lunch when you arrive? I'd look out for a nice bar that does food where you can hang about afterwards for a gab. Personally I'd be getting the cocktails in but anyone who doesn't drink can get a coffee or a non-alcoholic cocktail.

• P
    Beginner August 2013
    Peppr Potts ·
    • Hide content

I'd say you don't necessarily need to have everything planned - for the in between bit you could just go either to a bar or a nice coffee shop to have a bit of a relax and a catch up with everyone before your activities? Plus, is everyone arriving at the same time? Do you need to go to the hotel to drop off bags etc? It might take longer to meet and get organised that you think so you might not actually be "hanging around" for too long

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

Err lunch seems obvious? I would find a place people can eat or not as they wish, mingle and chat - the time will go quickly and peopole can pop out to a shop if they wish. Maybe have a couple of games or get to know you activities just incase but I think the time will fly by.

• ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I will have a similar problem - I've booked chocolate making in the morning (afternoon was booked already) so didn't know what to do between the end of that and the meal in the evening. The plan is to have a picnic and games in a local park - that will depend on the weather though! Rather than trawling bars, which won't appeal to non-drinkers, could you set yourselves up in one bar/pub/cafe for lunch and drinks for those that want them?

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

I just feel like I'm going to be worried if everyone is having a good time and feel like i've got to entertain everyone! Yes I think maybe if we head to a nice bar, have a spot of lunch and then people can come and go if they want to go off shopping etc. I hope the weather's nice ?

I should be looking forward to it but I'm more worried than anything. I think it's cos I've got so much on my mind away from this and feel like I could do without it but it's probably just what I need. Once I've found shoes and bag to go with my dress..........

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Stop this - you can't. And stressing and overplanning will just make for a more tight atmosphere, relax and everyone else will and have a good time. Have you got anyone you can pass timing/getting people around over to now its all planned?

You know you have it all planned, do a double check on it all and then let it be. It will be wonderful!!

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

To be honest I wouldn't worry about it too much. Why not just have lunch, let people check in to wherever you're staying, chat and get to know each other (if they don't already). It's quite nice to do that at the start of a hen weekend rather than immediately have to rush around from one activity to the next.

• B
    Beginner May 2012
    bethbailey2b ·
    • Hide content

I would say go somewhere for some lunch - hell, why not wetherspoons? Lunch and pitchers of cocktails!

Get a few hen games and have a bit of a giggle - does everyone know each otheR?

If not, get some 'getting to know you' and icebreaker games, so everyone gets involved.

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls!

I feel a bit better about things now, I told one of my BMs my concern and she said it's not for me to worry about and that they will be the ones making sure I have a good time. I think lunch will be a good shout and find a nice pub/bar to set ourselves up for the afternoon for drinks and lunch before we check into hotel.

Bit more excited now!! xx

• S
    Beginner February 2013
    SophieHawdon87 ·
    • Hide content

Try out hens party sydney so that you will know the difference.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics