Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Danielle
Curious March 2023 East Sussex

Stressed i need witnesses

Danielle, 28 of December of 2022 at 14:33 Posted on Planning 0 6
Hello
So I get married in March 2023. My partners family were invited to the wedding but now they can't due to train strikes and family illnesses.
We have booked and paid for the entire wedding it's on a budget and very small. We now don't have 2 witnesses. We have been together for 12 years and this means so much to us, we wanted to get married because I'm physically disabled living with MS. Epilepsy, stage 4 endometriosis let's just say my health is in a bad way. So his family are not going to travel down from Bath Spa to east sussex. They asked us to get married in Bath which is impossible. I already changed the date to march from November to suit them. We cannot afford to get married in bath we gave them a enough notice and sent invitations over a year ago. I need to find witnesses and it's difficult. I'm really upset and don't know what to do. Any suggestions? It's on the 8th march 2023 we have given notice booked taxi's it's all done if we don't find witnesses it's over. Thank you. ❤️

6 replies

Latest activity by Emily, 29 of December of 2022 at 16:39
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Is there anybody else you could use as an alternative? I know it’s probably something you’ve thought of already but may be the only suggestions.

Hope you manage to get it sorted xx
  • Danielle
    Curious March 2023 East Sussex
    Danielle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don't have family on my side and I'm housebound due to my disability most of the time so not many friends. My son is 14 so he cannot be a witness. Thank you though hopefully I will find someone to help
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would if I wasn’t so far away! Hopefully somebody comes forward on here. Not ideal but alternatively you could always ask people like neighbours if you were desperate x
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Are you having a photographer? Could you ask them to be one witness? Or is there anyone you see regularly (hairdresser, carer etc) that you could ask? What about the people driving your car? Most people will be delighted to help if they are able. I certainly wouldn't change your plans to suit your family - to decide at this stage that they can't manage to get to a wedding in 3 months time is ridiculous, so you would have no guarantee even if you moved the wedding that they wouldn't then decide they couldn't come after all.

• S
    Beginner September 2024 Essex
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content

Hi Danielle...
    How about the power of social media?I'm absolutely certain that if you put something out there 2 very lovely and generous people would find some time in their day to help you...
    If I lived closer I would, wishing you all the best
    Sophx

• Emily
    Dedicated February 2023 Hertfordshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    If there are no trains, could they not book National Express buses? Or travel on a different day and book a hotel?
    As others have said, I'm.sure you can find two witnesses off the street if needed! Good luckx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics