Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner July 2021 West Yorkshire

Stressed Out

Gill, 5 of April of 2021 at 20:52 Posted on Feedback to Hitched 1 8

I'm totally stressed out about my wedding! it was postponed last year from July 2020 in Cyprus to July 2021. After listening to Boris speak on 5th April 2021, it didn't mention anything about traveling abroad. My fiancee continues saying he wants to wait until May but I feel it's going in the same direction as last year! I felt stressed last year and I'm in the same position yet again. I told him things would be much easier changing to a venue in the UK. HELP

8 replies

Latest activity by Mark, 8 of December of 2021 at 13:43
  • Karolina
    Curious July 2021 North West London
    Karolina ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Gill,

Totally understand your situation, we have postponed our July 2020 wedding in Greece to July 2021. Changing date last year was extremely difficult but we never thought that year later things wouldn't get easier! We have decided that we will go ahead with July this year regardless where and how ! I came to peace with idea of micro wedding (originally we had nearly 90 guests) now I'm realising that not everyone will make it or even want to travel. We have guests from Poland, UK, Spain and US. Which means that restrictions for each country will be different in July. I'm pretty positive that by then those from UK will be able to travel which of course include us the couple ?. Smaller wedding means that it will be easier to manage even if we have to come up with plan B at the very least minute ! Of course this is not ideal but at this stage we decided to let it be. We have booked our venue back in May 2019 and postponing till 2022 is just something that we really don't want to do. My advice would be to keep your guest updated and make sure that they check any cancellation / changes policies with their airline and hotel. Most of our guests booked their flights with BA which gives them a lot of flexibility in case things don't go as planned....
  • G
    Gill ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Karolina

So pleased you replied so positively, it’s really cheered me up. I really hope our weddings manage to go ahead this year, even if it’s smaller than planned ?? I’ve got a holiday booked for a friends wedding summer 2022 so I don’t want to postpone ours again.
    Thanks & Good luck, hope you have a fabulous wedding
  • RomanticBrownStationery29719
    Dedicated
    RomanticBrownStationery29719 ·
    • Hide content
    There is another update on the 12th so might be worth waiting on that. I think restrictions free travel wont happen this summer tbh with Europe having a 3rd wave but as long as you are happy to quarantine and pay for covid tests you might be fine. We just postponed our june wedding as my family is in germany and I wouldn't expect them to be able to come at this point(with news/government recently hinting that most of Europe migth initially end on red list). But if you are late July you have better chances of traveling. Good luck.
  • G
    Gill ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the info, so sorry to hear your wedding has been postponed but it's better than everyone feeling stressed. After speaking to our guests we're hoping to organize a wedding in the UK instead of Cyprus and reduce our numbers. Good luck with your future wedding ceremony.

Kind Regards Gill.

• Karolina
    Curious July 2021 North West London
    Karolina ·
    • Hide content

Hi Gill,

We are still going ahead with Greece, after speaking to our guests many of them are actually looking forward to travel for the first time in months! Fingers crossed Greece will make it to the green list if not in May, at least in June.

Good luck with organizing your UK wedding instead, I'm sure it will be lovely, you can always travel to Cyprus for your honeymoon Smiley smile

x

• G
    Gill ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Karolina

I'm so glad your guests are all with you about going ahead with your wedding in Greece, hopefully, things will have improved by May 17th. I spoke with my bridesmaids and our guests they are mostly relieved about our decision to marry in the UK. We will have our honeymoon in Cyprus in the future. This pandemic has made me realize its not where I get married, it's about who to and having loved ones present if possible.

Kind Regards Gill.

• A
    Curious April 2021 Illinois
    AmberP ·
    • Hide content

I understand you, we have already rescheduled several times. We have relatives and friends from different countries, and because of the quarantine, they could not come. I try not to worry about it and have faith that everything will be fine. Good luck to you!

• G
    Gill ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Amber thanks for support, congratulations on your forthcoming wedding, I hope ?? your day is perfect in every way.
    Regards Gill.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics