Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner

String Quartet.. Yes or no?

LuxuriousGoldConfetti695, 24 of March of 2017 at 22:25 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

I am really stressing about whether or not to have a string quartet for the ceremony. Is anyone having one? I feel like it will have a much nicer romantic feel rather than someone just pressing play on an iPod but I'm just not 100% and I don't know why.

5 replies

Latest activity by CantwaittobeMrsDavies17, 12 of April of 2017 at 12:39
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I don't think I have ever seen a quartet play just for the ceremony as they tend to de- camp and set up in an area where people will be with their drinks and whilst the photos are being done, then sometimes they play whilst the meals is being eaten.

It may not cost that much more than just playing at the ceremony.

Quartet, duet, solo, a harpist, I think they will all have the same wow factor, particularly when they play contemporary chart songs.

• M
    Beginner October 2018
    Meg101 ·
    • Hide content

I really like the idea. I'd like to have it for mine too. I've seen it at a few weddings and it really adds to the atmosphere

• S
    Beginner May 2017
    Slink ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine had a harp player at the ceremony and it was really lovely, i image that a string quartet would be great.

I considered it for my ceremony but the layout of the room wouldn't allow for it.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I think they are great but you need to discuss it with your venue. It depends how big your ceremony room is - a quartet needs quite a bit if space.

Also, it's better to book for ceremony & drinks reception as you'll find ceremony alone might seem very expensive.

• K
    Beginner September 2018
    Ker2018 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I have booked a string quartet for our wedding because I always wanted one, you can book for ceremony only, ceremony and drinks reception or ceremony, drinks reception and the wedding breakfast - that is what most quartets tend to offer.

To give you an idea ours is booked for ceremony/drinks reception and is £1000

Look on youtube for videos of songs you like etc and see what you think Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner November 2017
    CantwaittobeMrsDavies17 ·
    • Hide content

We have a string trio booked for ours (1 less violin) - they are playing for the ceremony and drinks reception through to us sitting down for our meal. We'll then switch to background music whilst eating. Do check with the venue though - ours allows them as there is a balcony overlooking the ceremony room which is where they tend to camp out. As PP said with ours you could select how long you wanted, and how many you wanted (ie trio, quartet etc) which obviously affects the price.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics