Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2015

String Trio Help

MrsMcToBe, 25 of March of 2015 at 17:08 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi All,

Our wedding is fast approaching (2nd July) and we have booked a string trio for the ceremony and during the reception drinks and canapes.

I don't want to do my bridal procession to the wedding march and being tone deaf and generally not that into music I can't think what to have instead? Do you have any suggestions? We also need to decide what we want them to play for the bridesmaids entrance and during the signing of the register and recessional!

Thanks in advance xx

4 replies

Latest activity by martinkab@hotmail.com, 29 of March of 2015 at 11:43
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

The easiest thing to do is arrange a chat with the string people and ask them for suggestions!

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Paula's suggestion is a good one. If you use Spotify, there are many wedding themed albums available, perhaps see if you can find one for strings, it might give you some ideas. If you find a track you do like but for a different scoring, the group may be able to produce an arrangement to suit string trio (just make sure there are no copyright restrictions). Good luck!

• GiraffeBride
    Beginner May 2018
    GiraffeBride ·
    • Hide content

Ooo a thread I can help with! As a geeky music student who is having a string quartet, I think I can give you some ideas (or at least a starting point!).

If you YouTube 'Singapore String Quartet' they play some really good (if a little out of tune in places!) examples of songs you could use at a wedding. Pachelbel's 'Canon in D' is a beautiful piece to walk down the aisle to - a tad clichéd maybe, but it's what I'll be having as to me it's classic and very elegant. And long haha so it can be cover a lot of attendants walking down the aisle in front of you!

Other pieces to listen out for are Handel's 'Arrival of the Queen of Sheba' (my exit music!), Air on a G string, Waltz of the Flowers from the Nutcracker and Ave Maria. The Singapore String Quartet also do a great version of Christina Perri's 'A Thousand Years', Coldplay's 'Viva La Vida' and 'New York, New York'.

As you can probably tell, I could go on on this theme for a while, so I'll stop now and leave you to do some listening yourself Smiley smile As a final note though, most string quartets or trios can do an arrangement of most songs (or will know where to find one) so it's definitely worth asking them.

Hope any of that helps! Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    S&K2015 ·
    • Hide content

Were having a string quartet too, going to be walking down the aisle to 'Air on G' sends shivers down my spine each time I hear it Smiley smile

• M
    Dedicated February 2022
    martinkab@hotmail.com ·
    • Hide content

I have booked this chap - www.weddingviolin.co.uk - Simon also plays the piano, and is playing his piano for my wedding breakfast later. He has a long list on his website of music inspiration, hope that helps my lovely!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics