Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KJHC
Beginner April 2016

Strip lashes? Individual lashes? Lash extensions?

KJHC, 28 of February of 2016 at 15:57 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all!

So - I had my make-up trial yesterday and after quite a bit of trial and error (more my fault than hers thinking a look would suit me when it didn't) we got to a place where I was happy! Now, she used strip lashes, which to be honest felt a bit weird - I kept my make up on for the rest of the evening and by the end of it, I couldn't wait to get them off! So I was wondering - has anyone used individual lashes or strip lashes instead? I love the look, so I'll put up with it if necessary, but I was wondering if the other options would achieve the same thing, but maybe be more comfortable?

7 replies

Latest activity by AEjessie, 27 of September of 2022 at 10:17
  • E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

Strip lashes can feel a bit much if you're not used to them! My sister had individual lashes and they were soooooo gorgeous so I'm definitely going for them for my makeup. They take a little more time to apply but they look like your own lashes and I think they last a couple of days if you're careful.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I had individual ones. My lashes are really short and I didn't find themlnger individual been uncomfortable. Had them done 30 Dec. Wedding was 6 January abroad. Lasted until after I came home on 10 Jan no problem. They said they weren't day ones and they lasted longer than ten days.

• K
    Beginner August 2016
    KatJo ·
    • Hide content

I'm using light half strips. Just go on the outer part of your eye. Feels very light on ?

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I've had individual lashes on for long periods of time and they are good and relatively low maintenance. When applied properly, they do feel very light and comfortable. The longer the lash that is applied, the heavier they are.

I am going to have strip lashes for my wedding day as I think they create more of a dramatic look for photographs, I will then get the individual lashes applied after the wedding, for the honeymoon.

If you are going to get the individual lashes then I would recommend getting them done as close to the wedding as possible so that they stay looking neat. After a few days or so, you may notice that some will fall out or change position due to you sleeping and just natural wear etc. I used to get my lashes "in-filled" every two weeks to keep them looking pristine X

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all! I've emailed my MUA to ask her for her thoughts on individual lashes. I wouldn't say the trip ones were terrible, just a bit uncomfortable when blinking - weirdly only in my right eye!

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I had individual lashes applied at my (well in advance!) make up trial and despite my misgivings, I adored them- they enhanced my short lashes, giving me a 'flutter' but I genuinely could not feel them!

I have decided not to use a MUA after all, as my skin didn't react well to the trial (hence why I had it so far in advance!) so I'm playing safe and doing my own make up, but I have bought some individual lashes and glue to 'practice' with in the hope that I can get them on myself on the day!

My only experience of strip lashes was not good- they felt heavy and caught on my lower lashes and eventually one fell off and did a caterpillar impression down my cheek during a 'posh' dinner ?

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I am going to have semi-perminant lash extensions done by my local beauty salon. You can have a mini set or a full set. local prices here are £45 or £70, so it's not cheap but they last a couple of weeks and look more natural than stick on ones. I had the mini set done before Christmas as a trial and I really liked them. I'd have them done all the time if I could afford it! You can barely feel them, they're not heavy at all like I expected them to be.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics