Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2014

Striped Straws for Reception

Hoofbeat, 21 of January of 2014 at 12:46 Posted on Planning 0 9

I'm looking to buy some grey and white striped straws for our Pimms drinks reception (I'm planning to add homemade custom flags to them). I've found lots available online but they're all paper straws and I've heard back reviews about them dissolving very quickly in drinks!

Have any hitchers bought striped paper straws that were good quality and can you let me know where you bought them from?

Thanks.

9 replies

Latest activity by Hoofbeat, 21 of January of 2014 at 13:55
  • daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

I had a baby shower for my friend at my house in the summer and we had non alcholic summer drinks. We used pink and white striped paper straws and they were brilliant. So cute as they matched all our paper plates etc. Anyway, we got them from B&M bargains. There were 12 straws in the pack and it cost £1.50 or something like that. Didnt have any problems with them dissolving! But maybe we were all quick drinkers!!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

If they are cheep enough then just get some and do your own tests. (with a bottle of pimms just to be sure 😉)

• H
    Beginner September 2014
    Hoofbeat ·
    • Hide content

The ones I am keen to buy are sold in packs of 144 so aren't cheap enough to justify testing (I could buy a different brand that is sold in smaller batches but if they were ok they'd work out quite expensive as I need at least 120!).

• H
    Beginner September 2014
    Hoofbeat ·
    • Hide content

Bonnie, your straws look exactly like what I'm after - can you remember where you bought them from?

• H
    Beginner September 2014
    Hoofbeat ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Bonnie. I had seen them but they work out more expensive to buy in bulk than others I've seen. I might well end up getting them though if they're at least good quality.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Blimey ! I didnt know they were so expensive, sometimes I would be taking a picture like that and an uncle would say "what you taking a picture of those for" -- cause they cost the bride and groom an arm and a leg and will be gone in a minute.

Ok it could be a bit of a risk to buy just to test, but if they are ok then at least you have then got some already

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Here is a link to some of the straws https://www.theweddingofmydreams.co.uk/products/pink-striped-paper-straws

and some of the flags too https://www.theweddingofmydreams.co.uk/products/paper-flag-stickers-for-straws

They didn't go soggy in the drinks. Hope that helps.

• H
    Beginner September 2014
    Hoofbeat ·
    • Hide content

Thanks DaffodilWaves - I'd seen them too, so that's good to know they don't go soggy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics