Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

eescvc
Beginner November 2016

Struggling to find a suitable wedding ring! Please help!

eescvc, 30 of July of 2016 at 21:51 Posted on Planning 0 5

I'm getting married to my boyfriend of 6 years by the end of the year, and although we are having a very small wedding (in fact, we're eloping! Smiley laugh) we've started to plan the bits we need to.

My fiance has found his perfect wedding band and we've bought it already, but we're struggling to find something that will fit with my existing engagement ring. Not only in terms of style, but also in terms of shape.

My engagement ring is very small and dainty, in yellow gold, with a downwards facing chevron of small diamonds. I'll attach a picture if I can. This means that it's a slightly awkward shape to fit a standard band against, plus anything too big and fancy drowns it out.

My initial thoughts were a band with a stone in to fill the gap but this caused two problems: 1. It would leave my wedding ring looking more engagement, and vice versa and 2. a stone big enough to fill the gap would also over power my current ring.

I've gone to a few places and tried things on, but nothing seems right. I'm very open to ideas and suggestions! Please help! I'm scared I'm going to have to use a Haribo ring on the day! ?

Thanks!

5 replies

Latest activity by lc93, 1 of August of 2016 at 12:29
  • J
    Beginner November 2016
    JadeyPops98 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I don't know much about them but I've heard that 'smooch' do customised rings to fit around engagement rings. I'm sure someone told me that you make an appointment and they come to your house to discuss your needs etc. I'd imagine they're quite pricey but maybe worth a shot

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I agree a customised may be best or possibly jewellers have a ring same shape in plain gold with no stones. Would be luck to find one with the exact same size dip tho.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    mbunnage ·
    • Hide content

If you're anywhere near Birmingham head into the jewellery quarter. I went and had a plain band customized to fit perfectly around my engagement ring and it was much cheaper than anywhere else I had looked at.

Good luck!

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LauraLtobe ·
    • Hide content

I also recommend the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham. The designers there will make a ring to match. Mine took a wax cast of my engagement ring and then moulded another wax cast to match it perfectly, which I got to see before it became an actual ring!

This website has a list of designers, be aware though that you may have to make several trips (in case it's quite far from you)

https://jewelleryquarter.net/directory/categories/jewellery-designers/

• lc93
    Beginner September 2016
    lc93 ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at wedding rings direct (www.weddingrings-direct.com) while the name isn't exactly imaginative, we saw them at the national wedding show in February. They're predominantly online however you can visit their workshop if you're local (we did as they're in Brighton which isn't far from us). I know they do bespoke rings. We got both ours from there - oh picked a personalised ring which arrived and then he decided it was the wrong size. The metal he picked can't be adjusted but the company made us a new one free of charge! Brilliant service the whole way through, and very reasonably priced. Also do samples so you can get a feel for size if needed.

I don't work for them - I promise!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics