Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner December 2014

Struggling with a table plan

rambosmum, 20 of October of 2014 at 14:26 Posted on Planning 0 2

I have a grandma, aunty and uncle and their two grown up children. I'm putting the 'children' with my sister and her partner (their cousin) and my brothers but I don't know where to put my g'ma, aunt and uncle. They don't know anyone else at the wedding other than my mum, who is on the top table and vaguely know my aunts on my dads side but my parents are divorced and reattached and my aunts and g'parents on my dads side make a convenient table of their own as do the aunts and grandparents on H2Bs side. I'm think of putting them with my friends (6 people who vaguely know ach other but not well) I'm 11 years older than my cousins but 20years younger than my aunt and uncle and my friends are similar ages to me, one of their partners is closer to my Aunt and Uncles age than mine.

Help!

I'm really not sure what we do unless we split up H2Bs aunts and uncles and mix them up, but I think they will all want to be together.

How have others managed it?

2 replies

Latest activity by rambosmum, 20 of October of 2014 at 15:33
  • kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I would mix up the various branches of aunts and uncles - as long as couples are together. They have something vaguely in common ie YOU, and it is only for the actual meal, 1 hour tops, that they will be apart from other family members - once the speeches are done they can get up and mingle to their hearts content.

So, don't be afraid to mix it up a bit - they'll survive!

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry about this! We put Oh's aunts on a table with some of our friends. The aunts seemed to have a great time cuddling the babies on the table and both commented how nice it was to meet some of our friends. The friends said it was nice to meet the family and hear some funny stories about OH.

Don't over think it. People have something to talk about at weddings (i.e. the couple/the food/the venue/how lovely everything is). There's plenty to say to strangers so it's really not a problem.

• R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys. I feel better now. When I think back to wedding I've been to you are right- I've always been with at least one other couple we've known but otherwise have been mixed up and always enjoyed ourselves.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics