Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner July 2016

Struggling With Venue (Glasgow)

BlushingBride2B2016, 19 of August of 2014 at 16:59 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi my fiance and I got engaged september 2013 and are hoping to get married end of summer 2016. I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions on venues in and around glasgow.

We have visited The Vu in bathgate, loved it although some stories are putting me off. The Rosslea in Helensburgh which we love and haven't seen a bad review about and also the same about the Carnbooth in Carmunock.

Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by Paulalouise, 20 of August of 2014 at 23:52
  • ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

What type of venue are you looking for? Going by the ones you've looked at presume it's nice hotel like Carnbooth house or dedicated wedding venue like The Vu? There are many nice ones around here , have you tried the Scottish wedding directory for lists of venues ? You've looked at venues across a wide area - but is there a particular area you'd like ?

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    Mellypoos ·
    • Hide content

Not sure what type of venue your looking for, my a friend of mine got married at '29 private members club' in Glasgow and it was really nice

• P
    Beginner August 2015
    Paulalouise ·
    • Hide content

I'm from Manchester but we are getting married in Glasgow. I loved Blythswood Square but it was too big and imposing for what I had in mind. The venue we have booked is perfect for us- it's classic, beautiful, elegant but also homely and scottish and so far the staff have been lovely. The venue is Hotel du vin, One Devonshire Gardens. They are planning another open day in October I believe.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics