Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Climoo22
Beginner March 2015

Stubborn bridesmaids...?!

Climoo22, 24 of September of 2014 at 15:15 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hey ladies,

need some advice on how to tackle this, my 3 bridesmaids are all different shapes & sizes, one slim & 6foot 1", one 5,5 with a huge bust & curvy shape, and one 5 foot 2" with a huge bust but no rear end and skinny legs (it's my sister, im allowed to say that lol) however, although they've said "we will wear whatever you want us to wear" every dress pic I've sent to them so far comes back with:

"I don't want long, they make me look like a slug"

"I don't want tea length as I'm so tall it's going to look like a mini"

"I can't wear strapless as my boobs are too big" (even though I said we could get hers with straps)

and

"I don't like that colour, it washes me out. Can't you change to sage green or purple?"

no, I can't! It's my damn wedding, it's a vintage theme so soft dusky pinks etc, I like sage, but my two cousins who will be at my wedding recently had this as their colour. I want pink light/dark/dusky don't care. Just want it to tie with my colour scheme.

am I being a bridezilla?! Lol. I'm tempted to just buy 3 long dresses and tell them that's it, deal with it. But I feel like a bad friend doing that.

how did you handle your bridesmaids whining and find something to suit 3 very different shaped people with different taste?

c x

7 replies

Latest activity by MOMB, 24 of September of 2014 at 19:03
  • kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

How about getting three different style dresses but all in the same or complementing colours.

Or the multiway dresses that will accomodate all lumps bumps and curves, and will also come in long and short versions.

I don't think you are being a bridezilla, but it is difficult when you have such different shapes and sizes to work with!

As long as they don't look awful on your bridesmaids, I think you should stick with what you want. Tell them to smile and look forward to the champagne at the reception!!

Smiley smile

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I'm a BM for my friend and there's 4 of us - 3 average height and slim / boyish figures and me - tall and with a few extra lbs!!

She's chosen Dessy Twist and Wrap dresses for us and they're great. They're plenty long enough for the tall and are so versatile. Maybe that can be an option?

• Climoo22
    Beginner March 2015
    Climoo22 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Kim, maybe I'll just ply them with bubbly on the wedding morning then give them the dresses!lol

Thanks for that tip, I haven't heard of them, quite a good idea! Will go check dessy out now.?

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

The twist and wrap and multiway dresses are also available at BHS at very good prices - check out their website for ideas and colours etc. I am sure that more places stock them/similar as they really have become popular.

Let us know how you get on!

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Everyone wants to look their best and your BM's will know better than anyone else what colour/shaped dress work for them.

Obviously it's your wedding and you have a theme in mind but I think you can work with your BM's to please everyone.

Dresses don't need to be matchy-matchy. I love the mis-matching BM dresses and they still fit your vintagey theme/ colour scheme.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

My two bridesmaids were 5ft 9 and a size 22 brunette, and 5ft 4 and size 8 redhead so they really didn't match! Our theme was black and red so I wanted red dresses for them. My red haired bridesmaid didn't want to wear red as it doesn't suit her colouring but I didn't give her a choice and she looked stunning. They both had matching tea length halterneck dresses and it suited them both perfectly. Stick to your theme, they will be fine and will look lovely!

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I've just told mine the colour is non-negotiable and they can design their own to what style they like but I'm getting them tailor made in Vietnam with 2/3 bridesmaids with me.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

If you chose these girls because you love them then obviously you don't want them to be uncomfortable in what they are wearing. Companies which make dresses in set colour palettes are your friend here I think. Here's Dessy's as an example:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics