Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2016

Stubton Hall, Newark (or other Notts/derby/lincs venues)

Moonbeam88, 4 of July of 2014 at 22:10 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi we've only recently gotten engaged (last week!!!) after 7 years together and i couldn't help but start venue hunting straight away! One of the very first I have stumbled across is Stubton Hall in Newark and I absolutely love the look of it! Going to book a visit but I just wondered if anyone had been to a wedding here or are getting married here and how things have gone?

I have a feeling it may be out of our budget but crossing fingers that if I try and so everything else on a budget we might just be able to afford.

I also like the look of Swancar Farm. Any other suggestions in the east mids?

x

2 replies

Latest activity by Mrs.K2b, 5 of July of 2014 at 06:40
  • S
    Beginner August 2015
    Sparkle2015 ·
    • Hide content

I am a Nottingham girl and have seen most of the venues around the East Midlands!

We did look at Stubton and it was beautiful, but more than our budget would stretch too. We eventually found the perfect venue - www.ringwoodhallhotel.com but have looked at Swancarr Farm, Woodborough Hall, Clumber Park Hotel, Thrumpton Hall, Kelham Hall, and others I cannot recall right now!

Enjoy your search, it is so exciting!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Mainly Leicestershire but have a look here to see if any take your fancy Leicestershire wedding venues

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your engagement!

Im a Nottingham bride; we're having our reception at The Walled Garden at Beeston Fields. Swancar is really nice, but way out of our budget (unless you went for a midweek wedding in February, lol) we also looked into - but didn't necessarily visit all of them - the Nottinghamshire golf club, Lakeside, Colwick Hall, Goosedale Hall, Risley Hall, Norwood Park, the carriage hall and Donnington Park Farmhouse. We loved the look and quirkiness of Donnington, but would have been a bit far from our church, I think had we not have got the walled garden we would have gone for the carriage hall.

happy hunting and let us know how you get on!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics