Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Stuck between 2 photographers...really struggling to decide

12 of April of 2016 at 19:07 Posted on Planning 0 6

So we found the exact style of photographer that we want.. relaxed natural photos capturing natural smile and, laughter throughout the day, rather than staged posing photos. Found a local photographer who I have gotten to know over the last few weeks and was just about to put pen to paper when I came across another equally amazing photographer with the same style of photos.

This one was way out of our budget but she has just advised me she offers a winter wedding discount which would bring the price more inline with the other photographers price. It is slightly more expensive than the original and than our budget but OH and I agreed a good photographer is vital so our budget is more flexible, but would mean lowering the budgets for other things.

I would be very grateful if anyone has worked with either photographer to give me your opinions.

Helen Russell Photography

and

Sarah Jane Ethan Photography

It is so hard to decide as both are the same style and after speaking to both and both being equally lovely and down to earth I really cannot decide, and I hate letting people down so I really am going to struggle telling one that we are going with the other.

A bit more info.. the more expensive photographer offers a longer length of shooting time.. shooting until after 1st dance , whereas the cheaper one only shoots until the speeches. So the extra we are paying would cover the extra time they are shooting, however our videographer is shooting until after the 1st dance so we werent bothered about photos past the cake cutting to be honest. I have contacted the 2nd photographer to ask about the possibility of only shooting until the cake cutting and seeing if this would adjust the price at all.. yes im very cheeky lol

6 replies

Latest activity by Boro_Bex, 12 of April of 2016 at 21:36
  • jamborina
    Dedicated August 2016
    jamborina ·
    • Hide content

We seriously considered Helen Russell but she was already booked for our date. I love her style, it's so effortless looking. In the end we went with SDS Photography. (Random fact, my sister went to school with Helen R's husband).

• R
    Beginner May 2018
    rusticbride90 ·
    • Hide content

I also love her style its exactly what we want, but typically the other photographer is the same style aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh! Both have our date available too which doesn't help.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Will the tog that you say leaves after the speeches, consider staying (at a cost) for the first dance???

Peter

• R
    Beginner May 2018
    rusticbride90 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Peter, she is happy to stay until after the speeches and cake cutting but would mean we would have to pay for full day and evening coverage which we can't afford. Think we are just going to stick with the original one.. knew i shouldnt have went on facebook at work lol

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Can you ask for part evening coverage??? You only need first dance, not all evening......

Peter

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Then again, looking at others always causes questions...the grass always seems to be greener...........

If you like what you have chosen, and are confident in the supplier, stick with them.....

Peter

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    Boro_Bex ·
    • Hide content

I've heard good things about both of those photographers, we must be from the same area. Sorry I realise that's not very helpful but I'm sure whoever you choose will do a great job!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics