Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sara.jo
Beginner June 2011

Stuck! What are people having as music as they leave the church?

sara.jo, 9 April, 2011 at 08:06 Posted on Planning 0 9

As the bride and groom go back down the aisle, I am well and truly stuck for song choice! What's everyone else having? We have a harpist so will be having her play something but i don't know whether to have something that everyone knows or something classical....? I think it needs to be a little upbeat?!

9 replies

Latest activity by judeclarke, 10 April, 2011 at 08:00
  • Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

OH wants Billy Idol "White Wedding", so it'll either be that or my choice of The Wannadies "You and Me Song". Don't think either of those are much use to you though with a harpist! Can't quite imagine how they'd work, lol!

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

Another one that's probably not much use for a harpist, but we'll either be having.....

You and me song - Wannadies

Higher and higher - Jackie Wilson

Head over heels - Tears for Fears

Somewhere Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darrin

Lets face the Music and Dance - Sinatra

That's our shortlist at the moment. TBH we're looking for somehting more upbeat, so is less likely to be Bobby Darrin (although it's one of my fave songs). Will probably be Head over Heels as it has the double advantage of being 'our song' and also it's got the bells at the very start so I still get my church bells without the church!!?

We're so undecided though....everytime we sit down to try and decide, we just end up with even more options! At this rate, it'll be whatever comes next on the ipod!!?

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

I can't exactly see this working for a harpist either, but we are having Bring Me Sunshine by Morecambe and Wise! It's upbeat, never fails to make me smile and I love the lyrics!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

We're going traditional with Widor's Toccata, but it wouldn't work on a harp as it needs the organ pedals.

• lauren700
    Beginner
    lauren700 ·
    • Hide content

We have a harpist. We are having arrival of the queen of Sheba for the processional. For the recessional we are having the wedding march by mendolsson.

• Keltickurse
    Beginner March 2011
    Keltickurse ·
    • Hide content

We went for 'I wanna grow old with you' from the wedding singer.

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    MrsDWT ·
    • Hide content

We think we are having Natalie Cole, This will be an everlasting love. I love that song, so upbeat and the words are perfect!!!

• jordas20
    jordas20 ·
    • Hide content

A few good suggestions here - hope this helps!

https://www.celebratewithmusic.co.uk/recommendations.html

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

looovvve this song! We've selected it as one of our wedding DVD songs. Think it will feature in the church too. Either signing register or walking out

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

We're having Sylvia by Focus - but I don't suppose thats a good harp song.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics